Office Hours Recap
The agenda for this office hours meeting was open floor.
The meeting's chat log
Attendees: @florian-tiar, @spacedmonkey, @desrosj, @flixos90, @mikelking, @jeremyfelt
- There was a loose discussion on the tickets that should be focused on at the beginning of the 5.0 cycle.
- Caching in
WP_Site_Query will be a big focus at first. Tickets #42252, #42280, #42251. There was a brief discussion on some approaches.
- Implementing new install and update methods in #41333.
- Using the meta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. API An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways. for network (versus site, blog) options in #37181.
- The new multisite roadmap is getting there and should be ready to publish before WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. US.
The next office hours will take place on November 14th, 2017, 17:00 UTC. Its agenda will be:
- Discuss adopting Trello Project management system using the concepts of boards and cards to organize tasks in a sane way. This is what the make.wordpress.com/marketing team uses for example: https://trello.com/b/8UGHVBu8/wp-marketing. as a way to manage status, progress, and ownership on tasks.
- Progress on multisite Used to describe a WordPress installation with a network of multiple blogs, grouped by sites. This installation type has shared users tables, and creates separate database tables for each blog (wp_posts becomes wp_0_posts). See also network, blog, site roadmap with a target to publish an initial version before WCUS.
- Any progress on 5.0 tickets.