With this release Gutenberg The Gutenberg project is the new Editor Interface for WordPress. The editor improves the process and experience of creating new content, making writing rich content much simpler. It uses ‘blocks’ to add richness rather than shortcodes, custom HTML etc. https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ allows you to make edits and tweaks to the HTML HyperText Markup Language. The semantic scripting language primarily used for outputting content in web browsers. of individual blocks, without having to hunt for the relevant code in the full document view.
- Redesigned the header The header of your site is typically the first thing people will experience. The masthead or header art located across the top of your page is part of the look and feel of your website. It can influence a visitor’s opinion about your content and you/ your organization’s brand. It may also look different on different screen sizes. area of the editor for clarity—groups content actions in the left, and post action in the right.
- Initial REST API infrastructure for reusable global blocks.
- Group block settings (delete, inspector, edit HTML) on an ellipsis button.
- Added new reusable Dropdown component.
- Show frequently used blocks in the inserter shortcuts (at the bottom of the post).
- Offer option for the button block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. to clear content.
- Refactor block toolbar component in preparation for some iterations (docked toolbar, for example).
- Allow partial URLs in link input.
- Avoid using state for tracking arrow key navigation in WritingFlow to prevent re-renders.
- Improve mobile header after design cleanup.
- Add focusReturn for Dropdown component.
- Updated Audio block markup to use figure element.
- Removed transition on multi-select affecting the perception of speed of the interaction.
- Show Gallery block description even if there are no images.
- Persist custom class names.
- Merge initialization actions into a single action.
- Fix scroll position when reordering blocks.
- Fix case where the responsive treatment of the header area was hiding valuable actions.
- Fix focus styles on the inserter.
- Fix submenu visibility issue for certain users.
- Cleanup no longer used code.
useOnce block API An API or Application Programming Interface is a software intermediary that allows programs to interact with each other and share data in limited, clearly defined ways. feature.
In 1.3 a feedback form was added to the Gutenberg sidebar A sidebar in WordPress is referred to a widget-ready area used by WordPress themes to display information that is not a part of the main content. It is not always a vertical column on the side. It can be a horizontal rectangle below or above the content area, footer, header, or any where in the theme. menu. In the past week there have been 12 responses from it. Out of that, 4 bugs have been reported and 2 enhancements proposed.
#core-editor, #editor, #gutenberg, #gutenberg-new