This week’s New Contributors Meeting was held on Wed July 12th at 19:00. Once again, there were lots of great questions asked in the #core channel. Read the full chat archive here.
- There was a general conversation about who should be making changes to tickets and if new contributors were “allowed” to do so.
- The answer, of course, is a resounding YES!
- There was discussion around what repositories should be used.
- There was some clarification on contributing to core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. vs updating developer.wordpress.org. Read the thread here.
- A great conversation around which tickets to select. Read the thread here
- #40921 – Inconsistent Handling of mp4 by Audio Widget A WordPress Widget is a small block that performs a specific function. You can add these widgets in sidebars also known as widget-ready areas on your web page. WordPress widgets were originally created to provide a simple and easy-to-use way of giving design and structure control of the WordPress theme to the user.
- #40138 – Bundled themes: the tag A directory in Subversion. WordPress uses tags to store a single snapshot of a version (3.6, 3.6.1, etc.), the common convention of tags in version control systems. (Not to be confused with post tags.) cloud widget should output a list
- #22669 – iPad: Can’t Scroll Plugins Modal
- #41168 – Identify the active theme when editing a site’s themes
The next meeting will take place in the #core slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel on Wed, July 19th at 19:00. Please feel free to drop in with any questions or tickets you’d like to discuss!
Thanks to everyone that attended and please feel free to leave a comment below or reach out to any of the moderators with questions.
Moderators: @flixos90, @welcher, @stevenkword, @desrosj