We’ll start making weekly posts here in the name of making the ongoing editor updates more visible outside of the Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel and the GitHub GitHub is a website that offers online implementation of git repositories that can easily be shared, copied and modified by other developers. Public repositories are free to host, private repositories require a paid subscription. GitHub introduced the concept of the ‘pull request’ where code changes done in branches by contributors can be reviewed and discussed before being merged be the repository owner. https://github.com/ development stream. At the moment there are 13 blocks implemented in the project, and a few more being worked on by the team and contributors.
ImageBlock with media gallery.
- Adjusted positioning of inserter menu.
- Adjusted focus behaviour when closing the inserter.
- Rendering selected block Block is the abstract term used to describe units of markup that, composed together, form the content or layout of a webpage using the WordPress editor. The idea combines concepts of what in the past may have achieved with shortcodes, custom HTML, and embed discovery into a single consistent API and user experience. settings in the sidebar A sidebar in WordPress is referred to a widget-ready area used by WordPress themes to display information that is not a part of the main content. It is not always a vertical column on the side. It can be a horizontal rectangle below or above the content area, footer, header, or any where in the theme. inspector (#731, #819).
- Created UI components for structuring the sidebar content.
- Updated documentation to mention how to package a zip file for the plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party.
- Extracted build script to separate file.
- Transforming a list block to a text block.
- Added a pending review toggle.
- New: Pre-formattedText.
- New: TableBlock.
- New: CodeBlock.
- Initial foundation for inferring post format based on the presence of single blocks.
- Tweaked block editing mode to dismiss selected styles when pressing a key (not modifiers).
- Moved block merge handlers to actions and added tests.
- Fix focus behaviour on
ButtonBlock and specified limited formatting.
- Avoid unselecting a block when losing focus.
- Added PostVisibility setting to the sidebar.
- Added placeholder text for
QuoteBlock source field.
- Added focus styles for buttons.
- Added alignment options to
- Implemented indentation buttons for
- Disabled save button in release build (not ready for prime time yet!).
We welcome all your feedback and contributions on the project repository, or ping The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” us in #core-editor.