This post provides an overview of the changes to the Media component in WordPress 4.7. See a list of all the 4.7 media tickets.
Two notable changes, enhanced PDF support in the media library and changes to the default fallbacks for
alt attributes, are explained in separate posts.
Before 4.7, if you uploaded a file to the media library and changed the title, it wasn’t possible to find that file again by searching for the file name. Now, attachment search queries will also include matches to the
_wp_attached_file post meta value.
Other enhancements and bug fixes
- Added a
$wp_error parameter to
- Fix Drag/Drop Ordering of Media in Chrome on touch enabled devices (#31652)
- Avoid undefined offset notice in
image_downsize filter in used in (#34437).
- Improve docs for
image_send_to_editor filter (#34823).
wp_get_attachment_metadata() instead of
get_post_meta() where appropriate (#36246).
wp_get_attachment_link() output text for non-images (#37343).
- Avoid undefined index notices when
pathinfo() is used (#37608).
- Improve alignment of inputs and button heights in media edit screens (#37806).
- Set focus when closing the media modal (#38142).