This is the agenda for the weekly dev meeting on November 16, 2016 at 21:00 UTC:
- Meeting reminder: Weekly chat has been moved one hour later to 21:00UTC.
- Schedule reminder: Tomorrow is the target for RC One of the final stages in the version release cycle, this version signals the potential to be a final release to the public. Also see alpha (beta).! RC means the list of tickets should be at zero (with the exception of the about page), as a release candidate One of the final stages in the version release cycle, this version signals the potential to be a final release to the public. Also see alpha (beta). is supposed to represent software you believe you can release. It is currently at 24.
- Ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker. reminder: For any tickets you’ve moved into the milestone, please get these resolved in the next day.
- Dev notes Each important change in WordPress Core is documented in a developers note, (usually called dev note). Good dev notes generally include:
a description of the change;
the decision that led to this change
a description of how developers are supposed to work with that change.
Dev notes are published on Make/Core blog during the beta phase of WordPress release cycle. Publishing dev notes is particularly important when plugin/theme authors and WordPress developers need to be aware of those changes.In general, all dev notes are compiled into a Field Guide at the beginning of the release candidate phase.: These should all be published this week, with a collective field guide The field guide is a type of blogpost published on Make/Core during the release candidate phase of the WordPress release cycle. The field guide generally lists all the dev notes published during the beta cycle. This guide is linked in the about page of the corresponding version of WordPress, in the release post and in the HelpHub version page. forthcoming from @aaronjorbin.
- Getting ready for RC with a 4.7 open ticket scrub
If you have anything to propose to add to the agenda or specific items related to the above, please leave a comment below. See you there!