This is the agenda for the weekly dev meeting on November 1, 2016 at 20:00 UTC:
- Schedule reminder: The Chat remains at 20:00 UTC. Day Light Savings Time means that 20:00 UTC may be a different time for you already, or it may be a different time soon.
- Schedule reminder: Today is the target for Beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. 2! That leaves us one week until the final scheduled beta, where the list of tickets should be at zero. It is currently at 74.
- Ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker. reminder: For any tickets you’ve moved into the milestone, please make sure these are active tickets, with some kind of activity in the last 7 days.
- Call For Bug Scrubs: Can you run a scrub to help ensure tickets move forward?
- Dev Notes Each important change in WordPress Core is documented in a developers note, (usually called dev note). Good dev notes generally include a description of the change, the decision that led to this change, and a description of how developers are supposed to work with that change. Dev notes are published on Make/Core blog during the beta phase of WordPress release cycle. Publishing dev notes is particularly important when plugin/theme authors and WordPress developers need to be aware of those changes.In general, all dev notes are compiled into a Field Guide at the beginning of the release candidate phase.: These should all be published this week this week
- Beta 2: What needs to be done to get this out the door?
- 4.6 open ticket scrub
If you have anything to propose to add to the agenda or specific items related to the above, please leave a comment below. See you there!