Here’s the summary for this week. The meeting was busy, so feel free to add anything missed in the comments.
- discussed #37974 (Add multi-panel feature to pages through add_theme_support) for the majority of the meeting. The goal was to find a minimum viable product "A minimum viable product (MVP) is a product with just enough features to satisfy early customers, and to provide feedback for future product development." - WikiPedia that could be developed in the time left.
- decided to shoot for this feature to be 1. limited to the front page only. 2. exist in the Customizer Tool built into WordPress core that hooks into most modern themes. You can use it to preview and modify many of your site’s appearance settings. 3. provide basic markup, created by Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress..
- decided this story board stood out as the strongest to be iterated on and mocked up as a design.
- decided live preview in the Customizer wasn’t critical at the current time.
- @helen and I will work on marshaling people to help with the project.
- @karmatosed will work on the initial mock-up of the feature.
- briefly discussed #38172 (Enable video headers in custom headers) It also needs to have a minimum viable product defined and those interested were encouraged to comment on the ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker. with that in mind.
- brought up #19627, and that could be worked on but it’s not a priority over the other major features for Twenty Seventeen.
- For Add multi-panel feature to pages through add_theme_support, the mock up will be created and developers are needed to work on it.
- For Enable video headers in custom headers, a clearer scope needs defining and more developers are needed to work on it. A basic patch A special text file that describes changes to code, by identifying the files and lines which are added, removed, and altered. It may also be referred to as a diff. A patch can be applied to a codebase for testing. exists for this ticket.
Call for help
Twenty Seventeen needs you. Home pages should be fun to create and a heck of a lot easier. Headers can be even more captivating. If you’re interested in working on either of these projects, please let me or @helen know.
#4-7, #bundled-theme, #twenty-seventeen