Schedule Notes, Status Updates, RC One of the final stages in the version release cycle, this version signals the potential to be a final release to the public. Also see alpha (beta). Triage The act of evaluating and sorting bug reports, in order to decide priority, severity, and other factors..
- Release Candidate One of the final stages in the version release cycle, this version signals the potential to be a final release to the public. Also see alpha (beta). 1 will go out today, as per the release schedule.
- April 12 is the target release date for WordPress 4.5.
- Release Candidate means a soft string freeze, except the About Page.
- Also, every commit must be approved by two leads or permanent committers, and only regressions or blockers are addressed.
- In other logistics, @jorbin had a couple of comments regarding the field guide The field guide is a type of blogpost published on Make/Core during the release candidate phase of the WordPress release cycle. The field guide generally lists all the dev notes published during the beta cycle. This guide is linked in the about page of the corresponding version of WordPress, in the release post and in the HelpHub version page.:
- There is a firm deadline of Monday 16:00 GMT for the two remaining posts (@rmccue on the Rest API The REST API is an acronym for the RESTful Application Program Interface (API) that uses HTTP requests to GET, PUT, POST and DELETE data. It is how the front end of an application (think “phone app” or “website”) can communicate with the data store (think “database” or “file system”) https://developer.wordpress.org/rest-api/. and @iseulde on Editor Shortcuts).
- He’s planning on posting the field guide on Monday, following that deadline.
- Image Improvements: @joemcgill
- Not much to report. All the remaining tickets from the Media component have been cleared. It looks like there was some movement on #36191.
- Theme Logo Support: @obenland
- We have 2 open tickets in the queue, both possibly fixed by the same commit.
- The goal is to make theme support arguments be closed to custom_header and remove the necessity to create a custom image size.
- Editor: @azaozz, @iseulde
- Everything looking good, squashing some minor bugs.
Ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker. triage continued addressing tickets in preparation for Release Candidate 1.
Full meeting logs in Slack.