Schedule Notes, Status Updates, Let’s Triage The act of evaluating and sorting bug reports, in order to decide priority, severity, and other factors.!
- Beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. 4 will go out today, as per the release schedule.
- Release Candidate One of the final stages in the version release cycle, this version signals the potential to be a final release to the public. Also see alpha (beta). 1 (RC1) is next Wednesday
- Thanks to the a valiant effort headed up by @chriscct7, we’re down to 23 tickets in the 4.5 milestone.
- Image Improvements: @joemcgill
- Only a few open tickets left for 4.5, the big ones are related: HTTPS HTTPS is an acronym for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure. HTTPS is the secure version of HTTP, the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and the website that you are connected to. The 'S' at the end of HTTPS stands for 'Secure'. It means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted. This is especially helpful for protecting sensitive data like banking information. website with HTTP HTTP is an acronym for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol. HTTP is the underlying protocol used by the World Wide Web and this protocol defines how messages are formatted and transmitted, and what actions Web servers and browsers should take in response to various commands. images (#34945) and Incorrect URL A specific web address of a website or web page on the Internet, such as a website’s URL www.wordpress.org scheme for media in the admin (and super admin) area when using administration over HTTPS (#34109).
- Customizer Tool built into WordPress core that hooks into most modern themes. You can use it to preview and modify many of your site’s appearance settings.: @westonruter, @celloexpressions
- Two non-logo related tickets remain: Add QUnit tests for the Customizer preview (#35857) and Selective refresh of widgets (#35855). Feedback for whether (and how) to opt-in for selective refresh support.
- @georgestephanis offered to nudge the Jetpack team to update their widgets to support selective refresh. @westonruter submitted a PR with the required updates.
- Theme Logo Support: @obenland
- @mor10 opened a couple of tickets that @westonruter has patched, so expect that to go in soon. Other than that it’s done. (Famous last words)
- Editor: @azaozz, @iseulde
- Discussion around More text patterns (#33300)
- @jorbin and @helen both suggested removing bold/italic
- @mike brought up #21602: Redirect_canonical can lead to infinite loop The Loop is PHP code used by WordPress to display posts. Using The Loop, WordPress processes each post to be displayed on the current page, and formats it according to how it matches specified criteria within The Loop tags. Any HTML or PHP code in the Loop will be processed on each post. https://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop. on index navigation if site url is not all lower case
Ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker. Triage
Ticket triage continued bringing the tickets left for the milestone down to 17.
Full meeting logs in Slack.