Schedule Notes, Status Updates, Road to Beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. 3 — Triage The act of evaluating and sorting bug reports, in order to decide priority, severity, and other factors. Edition
- As noted on the schedule, Beta 3 is due today!
- @mike would like to see this report down to 50 before Beta 3 goes out. We’re at 66 at the time of the meeting, we were at 100 before the weekend.
- Image Improvements: @joemcgill
- We landed r36891 which improves the optimizations we’ve added for resizing images using Imagick. Blog (versus network, site) post for make/core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. will go out soon that will outline the details.
- Only a few media related tickets left in the milestone. We’ll fix what is left or punt Contributors sometimes use the verb "punt" when talking about a ticket. This means it is being pushed out to a future release. This typically occurs for lower priority tickets near the end of the release cycle that don't "make the cut." In this is colloquial usage of the word, it means to delay or equivocate. (It also describes a play in American football where a team essentially passes up on an opportunity, hoping to put themselves in a better position later to try again.) after our dev chat on Friday.
- Customizer Tool built into WordPress core that hooks into most modern themes. You can use it to preview and modify many of your site’s appearance settings.: @westonruter, @celloexpressions
- Most of the remaining Customize component issues are regarding Custom Logo. The ones that aren’t include fixes to the expansion and focusing of panels, which @kienstra are @delawski working on…
- Selective Refresh needs QUnit tests for the Customizer preview.
- Requested feedback on requiring theme support for widgets to employ selective refresh: #35855.
- Theme Logo Support: @obenland
- Finishing touches. @jorbin got tests in, the site icon control is now a little more concise, @westonruter and @obenland finishing up the header The header of your site is typically the first thing people will experience. The masthead or header art located across the top of your page is part of the look and feel of your website. It can influence a visitor’s opinion about your content and you/ your organization’s brand. It may also look different on different screen sizes. text toggle for when a theme doesn’t support custom headers.
- Reconsider site logo control placement in customizer (#35942) ready to go
- Editor: @azaozz, @iseulde
- Nothing new, test please!
Road to Beta 3 — Triage Edition
- Bug fixing continued in core, led by @chriscct7, and reached below the 50 ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker. goal for Beta 3! Check the full logs on #slack-core.