Reminder of the 4.5 release schedule:
Beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. 2 March 2nd.
- Beta 3 March 9th.
- RC1 on March 23rd.
- 4.5 release on April 12th.
At the time of this posting, there are 104 active tickets slated for the 4.5 release. Now is a great time to get involved by testing the beta and assisting with the remaining tickets.
- @karmatosed wanted to bring up a couple of things re: core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. themes
- Site logos… we need to decide when to get the current version into the .org repository.
- @iamtakashi has a patch A special text file that describes changes to code, by identifying the files and lines which are added, removed, and altered. It may also be referred to as a diff. A patch can be applied to a codebase for testing. to add site logo support to Twenty Fifteen and doesn’t believe it belongs in Twenty Fourteen (#35969, #35944).
- @davidakennedy We will time the updating of core themes with the release.
- @azaozz or @iseulde updated on the editor work:
- New features need testing.
- Going to push fix for Paste as Text Modal Should be Dismiss-able (#28612), fix just became doable with change in TinyMCE.
- Deciding no paste shortcuts @iseulde pointed out the problem is you would not be able to undo them like the other shortcuts.
- @jorbin posted about field guide The field guide is a type of blogpost published on Make/Core during the release candidate phase of the WordPress release cycle. The field guide generally lists all the dev notes published during the beta cycle. This guide is linked in the about page of the corresponding version of WordPress, in the release post and in the HelpHub version page. posts for the release in the slack channel. @obenland pointed out we also need a field guide post about custom/site logos.
- @obenland brought up some tickets about the site logo feature:
- Should site logo should be called `logo` or `site-logo`: decided on `custom-logo` to match other core naming. (#35945).
- Requesting UX User experience feedback on Reconsider site logo control placement in customizer Tool built into WordPress core that hooks into most modern themes. You can use it to preview and modify many of your site’s appearance settings. (#35942) and Site Icon: refine the new UI User interface introduced in 4.5 (#35943).
Read the full meeting logs on Slack.