Multisite Used to describe a WordPress installation with a network of multiple blogs, grouped by sites. This installation type has shared users tables, and creates separate database tables for each blog (wp_posts becomes wp_0_posts). See also network, blog, site office hours are held every Tuesday at 20:00 UTC in #core-multisite.
Today’s chat log
Overall 4.3 Release Objectives
Last week’s objectives:
- New tickets to address found issues in flow. These issues logged in the screen sweep spreadsheet.
- Iterations on `WP_Site` and `WP_Network`. Discussion around iterations.
- #22383 and #32503 committed.
- Write post, generate discussion around HTTPS HTTPS is an acronym for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure. HTTPS is the secure version of HTTP, the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and the website that you are connected to. The 'S' at the end of HTTPS stands for 'Secure'. It means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted. This is especially helpful for protecting sensitive data like banking information. in multisite.
Today’s meeting agenda:
- Progress on capturing, observing, ticketing flows.
- Next steps to combined domain/path UI User interface – Add New site flow #31240
- `WP_Network`, `WP_Site` progress – @jjj
- Open floor for tickets, thoughts, etc…
Progress on capturing, observing, ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker. flows:
Tickets #32647, #32645, #32643, #32644
Objectives for next week: #32645, #32647 committed. More flow, more tickets, more observations. 🙂
Next steps to combined domain/path UI
Tickets: #31240, #22383, #32434, #32503
- #22383, #32434, #32503 are all committed and closed. 👍
- Originally #31240 seemed kind of off the table for 4.3, but it seems very possible now. @jeremyfelt will take a shot at getting that prepped for next week.
- Once these are both in, we should start having some validation questions pretty soon.
Objective for next week: Patch A special text file that describes changes to code, by identifying the files and lines which are added, removed, and altered. It may also be referred to as a diff. A patch can be applied to a codebase for testing. and/or commit for #31240.
Progress on `WP_Network`, `WP_Site`
Tickets: #31985, #32450, #32504, #31148
- @earnjam is going to open a ticket to track `WP_Site_Query` and take a stab at that.
- We need to iterate some more on the other existing patches.
- Completely comfortable with progress on this continuing through 4.3 for a target of 4.4 early. It would also be nice just to get it in now. 🙂
Objective for next week: Iterations, progress, discussion.
- @jeremyfelt owes an HTTPS in multisite post still. Maybe by tomorrow?
- No other items. A pretty quiet chat today.
See you next week!