Multisite Used to describe a WordPress installation with a network of multiple blogs, grouped by sites. This installation type has shared users tables, and creates separate database tables for each blog (wp_posts becomes wp_0_posts). See also network, blog, site office hours are held every Tuesday at 20:00 UTC in #core-multisite.
Today’s chat log
Overall 4.3 Release Objectives
Last week’s objectives for dev chat:
- Continued work on mock-ups, discussion around edit site and add site flows.
- Android and iPad flows posted to Make/Flow.
- Conversation around and updated `WP_Network` patch A special text file that describes changes to code, by identifying the files and lines which are added, removed, and altered. It may also be referred to as a diff. A patch can be applied to a codebase for testing. and a first attempt at `WP_Site`.
Today’s meeting agenda:
- Arbitrary domain/path combinations. #22383 (and now #32434)
- `WP_Network` #31985 and `WP_Site` #32450
- Thoughts on how to track scheme for a site. #14172
- More flows (and tickets) needed. 🙂
Arbitrary domain/path combinations in edit site:
- Tickets: #22383, #32434, #32503
- chat log
- @hugubaeta explored things some more and left some good feedback on #22383. We agreed to push ahead with the single entry for scheme, domain, and path in #22383.
- During that discussion, we started to address the question of the checkbox for updating home and siturl. This resulted in #32503. After some further discussion there, we’re going to try removing that checkbox entirely and using some logic to determine when to update home and siturl. @earnjam is working on the patch for this.
- @ocean90 is working on updating a patch for #32434 after discussion there and in #22383.
Progress on `WP_Network` and `WP_Site`:
- Tickets: #31985, #32450
- chat log
- second chat log
- Initial brief conversation. @earnjam is going to take a closer look at the existing patches. We need to start brainstorming where `WP_Network_Query` starts.
- Continued this conversation with @johnjamesjacoby later in the day. He’ll be working on the patches a bit more this weekend as well.
- #25293 was brought up to consider so that the correct network (versus site, blog) ID is available after `switch_to_blog`. Also #14867 to ensure the correct scheme is attached to the site object.
Thoughts on how to track scheme for a site:
- Tickets: #14172
- chat log
- @johnbillion agreed that `wp_blogs` seemed like the right place to track scheme. We’ll need to worry some about the upgrade process, though larger networks should be able to handle something like this.
- Some more discussion on the ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker. would be great. We should get a patch going sooner than later. This is up for grabs, claim it in the comments! 🙂
More flows for Make/Flow:
- chat log
- @ubernaut is almost done with iPhone 5s videos.
- @johnbillion mentioned trying some recordings with Android.
- @jeremyfelt is still claiming that he’ll do an iPad capture one night.
- We need to get more of these up on Make/Flow to capture a good visual record. As they go up, please create tickets for things that look off. Even if you haven’t posted a flow of your own, please browse through the existing ones and look for issues.
Thanks to everyone in office hours today! Chime in with any comments, tickets, etc… or join us in #core-multisite. 🙂