This is the jump-start post for the eighth week of the WordPress 4.2 release cycle.
Beta 1 starts this Wednesday, March 11th. The enhancements deadline is Tuesday, March 10th (tomorrow).
Thrice-weekly bug A bug is an error or unexpected result. Performance improvements, code optimization, and are considered enhancements, not defects. After feature freeze, only bugs are dealt with, with regressions (adverse changes from the previous version) being the highest priority. scrubs start this week on Tuesdays at 16:00 UTC, Wednesdays at 17:00 UTC, and Fridays at 16:00 UTC. This week, the Enhancements scrub will replace the Wednesday bug scrub.
Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. Meetings this week:
- Enhancements Deadline Scrub
- Core Dev Chat
- Thrice-weekly Bug Scrubs
4.2 Feature Chats this week:
Priority tickets this week:
Accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility)
- #30421 – Add ARIA attributes to globally permitted HTML HyperText Markup Language. The semantic scripting language primarily used for outputting content in web browsers. attributes in kses
- #31527 – Bundled themes: Add ARIA attributes to menu toggle
- #21221 – Image title and alt attribute content should be texturized
- #26600 – Search installed themes input has no submit button
- #31187 – Allow swiping the admin (and super admin) menu open and closed on touch devices
- #31467 – Images should default to not linking
- #31161 – TinyMCE Help button is irrelevant on devices without keyboards
- #29989 – Hide Media Buttons on small screens
Posts seeking your feedback:
Notable updates from last week: