Agenda for today’s dev chat in the #core channel on slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. (November 5 2014 21:00 UTC):
- Beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process./Merge Window – @johnbillion would like to extend the merge window and tagging the beta to Friday
- Hook Recursion – #17817: @jbrinley is requesting some eyes on it (likely 4.2-early). Three main issues:
- Is there enough unit test Code written to test a small piece of code or functionality within a larger application. Everything from themes to WordPress core have a series of unit tests. Also see regression. coverage?
- Does it break plugins which interact with
$wp_actions directly (eg accessing the nested arrays)?
- Does it “fix” any existing behavior which could be seen as a regression A software bug that breaks or degrades something that previously worked. Regressions are often treated as critical bugs or blockers. Recent regressions may be given higher priorities. A "3.6 regression" would be a bug in 3.6 that worked as intended in 3.5.?
- Focus – #29806: Patch A special text file that describes changes to code, by identifying the files and lines which are added, removed, and altered. It may also be referred to as a diff. A patch can be applied to a codebase for testing. for editor focus v2 looks good. @markjaquith will be posting a merge request update on make/core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress.. @johnbillion will decide whether to merge on Thurs/Fri
- Sessions UI User interface –
Needs a ticket Created for both bug reports and feature development on the bug tracker., #30264 decision for merge will be Thurs/Fri
- Shiny Updates – #29820: Decision at WCSF was to go with shiny installs, leave shiny updates for a later release. Awaiting feedback from @pento/@nacin/@melchoyce about whether this still has a chance of getting done in time for merge
- FS Credentials Modal – #29820: Also affects #29395 (installing languages from general settings screen)
- Taxonomy A taxonomy is a way to group things together. In WordPress, some common taxonomies are category, link, tag, or post format. https://codex.wordpress.org/Taxonomies#Default_Taxonomies. Roadmap – @boone is on fire
- Twenty Fifteen – Some discussion around smaller issues with the new template functions and color schemes, nothing that can’t be iterated upon during beta
- Bug Scrubs – Continuing weekly bug A bug is an error or unexpected result. Performance improvements, code optimization, and are considered enhancements, not defects. After feature freeze, only bugs are dealt with, with regressions (adverse changes from the previous version) being the highest priority. scrubs on Friday this week, likely a mixture of a11y Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility) and 4.1 tickets