Backbone.js and Underscore.js
- Backbone was updated from 1.0 to 1.1, and Underscore to 1.6. If you have a plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party that is built on the backbone-based libraries in core, you’ll want to test for compatibility and update accordingly. We’ll be working with the plugins group to notify as many authors as possible. r27170 #26799
reset methods now return models, not
this, so they can no longer be chained.
wp.Backbone.View for Backbone 1.1. r27171 #26799
- Options passed to
Backbone.View‘s constructor are no longer attached automatically.
wp.Backbone.View now handles this.
grunt-autoprefixer for CSS vendor prefixes. As a first step, add prefixes we were missing to core CSS, and remove prefixes that we no longer need, including all from colors CSS. r27174 #27078 The plan is the following:
- Core CSS files will keep prefixes.
grunt autoprefixer:core will update files directly in
src/ as a pre-commit step, rather than doing it on build.
- Color CSS files will receive prefixes when they are built.
grunt precommit for running front-end dev and test tasks before commit. This includes autoprefixer, imagemin, jshint, and qunit. r27176 #27121 #25169 #27078
grunt imagemin:core task for optimizing images pre-commit. Adds
grunt-contrib-imagemin, so an
npm install will be required. r27172 #25169
- Optimize 69 images (of 127) using the new Grunt task. r27173 #25169
- Rename the old
media.css file, used for the pre-3.5 media library, to
deprecated-media.css. r27181 #26669
- Add image based placeholders for audio and video shortcodes. r27169 #27016
- Add support for audio and video shortcodes without closing. r27177 #27016
- Incremental changes in TinyMCE’s new charmap popup, including allowing multiple-character insert. r27179 r27165 #27107
Internals & Multisite:
- Detect and handle symlinking of plugins in
plugin_basename(). (Yay!) r27158 #16953
wp_get_network() to begin cleanup of multisite load. Likely to continue to change throughout 3.9 r27178 #27003
- Rather than removing the 3rd argument in
WP_Object_Cache::delete(), mark it as
$deprecated. See r27064. r27162 #22478
- Partially revert r27101, r27102, r27141, and r27142, removing new cache synchronization functions in favor of a simpler solution that alters existing internals. r27163 #14485 #22526
Thanks to azaozz, bpetty, DrewAPicture, gcorne, georgestephanis, jdgrimes, jeremyfelt, jorbin, kovshenin, mikemanger, MikeSchinkel, nacin, ocean90, pavelevap, rmccue, SergeyBiryukov, and wonderboymusic for their help this week!
For the complete list of commits to trunk A directory in Subversion containing the latest development code in preparation for the next major release cycle. If you are running "trunk", then you are on the latest revision., check out the log on Trac.
It’s important that we reduce the amount of tickets slated for 3.9, as we work towards beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process. on March 5th. Want to help out this week? Write or test a patch for 3.9.