We’re right on target—making lots of progress on the main features in the theme. Finishing up within 1-2 weeks, then switching gears to verifying and testing (things like device testing, RTL, older browser support, accessibility, and more).
- Implemented alternate slider view for featured content #25550
- Implement featured content settings for authors to control which posts are displayed, and how many #25549
- Used SVG images instead of CSS3 gradients for speed and responsiveness, more browser support, and vector-based scalability r25865
- Allow any page to be set as front page #25685
- Several passes at CSS code revamp to meet WP style standards and better organization and efficiency #25592
- More accessibility fixes #25054
- Accessibility feedback on the slider
- Featured content options moved completely into Customizer (tag, display, count)
- Accent colors: decide on keeping this feature in the theme #25563 #25580
- Decide on pros and cons of creating an extra-large image size for full-width featured images #25758
On our radar
- RTL and IE fixes
- Mobile and tablet device testing
- “Breaking” the theme in every way possible
Join us! Weekly office hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays at November 5th, 2013 17 UTC.