I just released version 1.0 of the Post By Email plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party, which includes the following updates:
- Support for IMAP and SSL Secure Sockets Layer. Provides a secure means of sending data over the internet. Used for authenticated and private actions. connections
- Option to “mark as read” instead of deleting messages after posting them (IMAP only)
- Only fetch unread messages (IMAP only)
- Added contextual help to the admin (and super admin) panel
- Support for HTML HyperText Markup Language. The semantic scripting language primarily used for outputting content in web browsers.-formatted emails
- Under the hood: refactoring, bugfixes, properly checking nonce for AJAX requests, etc.
I also made some changes to the Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. patch A special text file that describes changes to code, by identifying the files and lines which are added, removed, and altered. It may also be referred to as a diff. A patch can be applied to a codebase for testing. and added it to the corresponding Trac ticket for community review.
Please do install and test this version and let me know how it goes!
This plugin is in beta A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to trial under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as part of the process.; the usual caveats apply. Please be sure to back up your data and/or run this against a test email account.
As always, you can download the plugin from the official repository or from the Github mirror.