Here’s a quick update on the 3.6 menu changes we’ve been making:
Last week we:
- Merged the the UI into two screens. Â Now we have manage menus & add/edit menus.
- Tested this new two screen approach. Â It went really well (we put two users through – videos are on the Make/UI P2).
- Improved & simplified some copy
- Added a new hookable “common links” meta box with “home” and “Log in” as the default links (both of which are fairly confusing to try and add to a menu otherwise).
- Added keyboard accessibility for rearranging menu items
- Break this out into two separate files 1) manage 2) add/edit (@jkudish is on this)
- Code review everything (@jkudish volunteered)
- Updated copy for help tabs (both manage, and add/edit screen) (@DrewAPicture volunteered)
- Updated copy for https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Menu_User_Guide (@DrewAPicture volunteered)
- Updated copy for https://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen (@DrewAPicture volunteered)
- Once the code items are complete, I’ll run another round of user tests (@lessbloat)
- RTL testing
- Browser compatibility testing
- No JS testing
If you’ve got some time, we’d love your help with testing the latest patch.
I’d love to hear all of your thoughts, concerns, criticisms.