Here’s some stats on MySQL usage, which is feeling left out with all the PHP talk.
- 94.3% of sites are at least MySQL 5.0.
- The first 5.0.x version with real usage is 5.0.22, with 93.6% of installs at this or above.
- 90.8% of sites are at least MySQL 5.0.44.
If we choose to bump to 5.0.x, we I imagine it would be best to identify a version between 5.0.22 and 5.0.44 based on stability, features, and usage.
- Joomla is jumping from 3.23 to 5.0.4 — 94.3% of WP installs are this or above.
- Drupal is jumping from 4.1 to 5.0.15 — 94.2% of WP installs are this or above.
Oddly, neither of those show any real usage — 5.0.4 is in the double digits, and 5.0.15 is in triple digits.