In attendance: @amethystanswers, @angelasjin, @annezazu, @daisyo, @paaljoachim, @tacoverdo, @matthewfarlymn, @chaion07
Meeting beginning in Slack: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C037W5S7X/p1606939257416300
We haven’t had meeting for a few weeks, but happily, people are general doing well, which is great to hear!
Our meeting time is shifting an hour later in to 20:00UTC, which will remain consistent for areas participating in Daylight Saving Time. For others this will mean the meeting is an hour later and also is at the same time as Dev Chat. We’ll see how this goes for the next little while and revisit if it’s not working out.
As always, if you aren’t able to make the meeting, you are welcome to add comments in the #community-team channel afterwards or post comments to recaps like this one.
- populate and organize Trello Project management system using the concepts of boards and cards to organize tasks in a sane way. This is what the make.wordpress.com/marketing team uses for example: https://trello.com/b/8UGHVBu8/wp-marketing. board
- communicate with and support one another more
- publish team structure
- scale down to smaller, more digestible tasks (using Trello board)
- create testing environments
- start working with a few teams on onboarding information, perhaps establishing a baseline standard where possible
- continue expanding this list
Anyone who has actively contributed to the Contributor Working Group for at least a month, can now apply for the Community Contributor Badge! I will be reaching out with the link to apply, and if you think I have missed you please do reach out to me. This will be ongoing.
Original next steps from the Agenda were put on hold in favour of getting more organized, which includes working on our 2020 goals (as there are only a few weeks left in 2020).
Christina will get everyone access to the Trello board. If you don’t have access, please DM @amethysanswers in Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
Christina will also finalize our group Leads and meet with them.
Everyone else, please keep talking amongst yourselves in group DMs, even if it’s just getting to know one another better.
Our next meeting (and last one in 2020) will be December 16 at 20:00 UTC.