The ModSquad gathered for a chat in IRC today to discuss some of the recent changes on WordPress.tv. The following items were discussed:
- Changes to the Planet WordPress feed and blog.wordpress.tv
- Using the “Featured” tag to promote content for weekly “Staff Picks” blog posts
- Videos are featured based on technical quality (good sound/picture, slides clearly visible) and not content, which is already high quality.
- Coming soon: creating a publicize connection to the WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Twitter account to promote videos as they are published.
- Post production – underway with first camp. Mods in attendance asked if they want to help edit slides into presentations
- First mod-produced video (editing in presentation slides) here. Props @roseapplemedia
As always, if you are a mod, and couldn’t make it on IRC, or just want to see what was discussed in more detail, the chat log is available here.
Heads up, team! We’re getting ready to publish details (as we mentioned in today’s meeting) about the plans for WordCamp San Francisco this October (which includes a mini team meetup), so if you’re thinking of attending, please read the post at https://make.wordpress.org/updates/2014/06/12/wordcamp-san-francisco-travel-contributor-days/ and take the short survey linked at the end of it so I’ll know how many team members to plan for. Don’t worry, this isn’t a commitment or anything, I just need to get some rough numbers for budgeting purposes, and to get an advance idea about hotel rooms and stuff. Thanks!