Community Team Meeting agenda for 2021-03-04

The Community Team bi-weekly meeting is happening tomorrow. The meeting is meant for all contributors on the team and everyone who is interested in taking part in some of the things our team does. Feel free to join us, even if you are not currently active in the team!

Please note the new meeting times!
Asia-Pacific / EMEA friendly meeting: 2021-03-04 12:00 UTC
Americas friendly meeting:
2021-03-04 21:00 UTC

Below is a preliminary agenda for the meeting. If you wish to add things you’d like bring to into discussion, comment below or reach out to team reps @sippis or @kcristiano. It does not need to be a blog post yet, the topic can be discussed during the meeting nevertheless. We use the same agenda for both meetings.

Preliminary agenda

Deputy / Mentor / Contributor check-ins

What have you been doing and how is it going? What you got accomplished after the last meeting? Are there any blockers? Can other team members help you in some way?

Highlights

Tuesday Trainings
Again, really valuable content in the past two Tuesday Trainings posts. Especially the When can we start having meetups in person again is a really good and important post, as we are now allowing in-person meetups again that meet certain guidelines.

Meetup Organizers: Got diverse speakers? Got any speakers?
Diverse Speaker Training Working Group is hosting two proven, effective workshops for you and your underrepresented communities in March 2021. After this workshop meetupMeetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. organiser will be able to support the participants to create great content that their meetup members would want to hear!

New and ongoing discussions

Proposal: 2021 Global Community Sponsorship program
As our events program will look again this year very different than we normally would have, there’s also need to redefine how our Global Community Sponsorship program will look as we can’t promise the usual benefits. A team of experienced global Community Sponsorship program contributors set up a proposal, and they propose offering one package only with completely new benefits, available on a quarterly basis. The comments deadline has already passed, but we surely can have discussion around this topic although.

Proposal to improve the organizing experience for online WordCamps
Over the past year, WordPress event organizers around the globe have learned so much about the process of organizing WordCamps, meetups, and other events online because we had to do that to keep going. Now that we’ve had a year to come together in this new way several of us have seen common obstacles. We want to tackle the three most common ones; tools, documentation and money. Please leave your feedback and share this post with everyone who organised online WordCampWordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. during 2020, their feedback would help a lot!

Would Stats Dashboards Help Your Team?
MetaMeta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress. team posted an idea about team-specific dashboards asking would help us with our job and what kind of metrics would be helpful. Please read the post, let’s chat about the points Ian listed and have a discussion on this post.

Open floor

Opportunity to bring things into discussions that weren’t on the meeting agenda and if anyone has something they would like to share with the team. If you have a topic in mind before the meeting, please add it into the comments of this post.

Hope to see you on Thursday, either on Asia-Pacific / EMEA or Americas friendly version of the meeting!

Preliminary agenda was put together in collaboration of @sippis and @kcristiano.

#meeting, #meeting-agenda, #team-chat, #team-meeting

Community Team Meeting agenda for 2021-02-18

The Community Team bi-weekly meeting is happening this week. The meeting is meant for all contributors on the team and everyone who is interested in taking part in some of the things our team does. Feel free to join us, even if you are not currently active in the team!

Please note the new meeting times!

Asia-Pacific / EMEA friendly meeting: 2021-02-18 12:00 UTC
Americas friendly meeting: 2021-02-18 21:00 UTC

Below is a preliminary agenda for the meeting. If you wish to add things you’d like bring to into discussion, comment below or reach out to team reps @sippis or @kcristiano. It does not need to be a blog post yet, the topic can be discussed during the meeting nevertheless. We use the same agenda for both meetings.

Preliminary agenda

Deputy / Mentor / Contributor check-ins

What have you been doing and how is it going? What you got accomplished after the last meeting? Are there any blockers? Can other team members help you in some way?

Highlights

Call to Meetup and WordCamp Organizers and their Underrepresented Community Members: Interactive, Transformational Watch Party!
The Diverse Speaker Training Group invites WordPress event organizers and their marginalized or underrepresented community members to a 1.5 hour “Interactive, Transformational Watch Party” on February 18th, 2021 at 5:30-7:00 PM UTC! Together, attendees will watch the Diverse Speaker Training Workshop Part 1 on the Learn WordPress site, and be invited to participate in the engaging and impactful exercises.

Tuesday Trainings: How can I best support my meetup group during these challenging times?
Really enjoyed this version of Tuesday Trainings! Worth reading, it has good tips on how to help fellow meetupMeetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. organizers with their local meetup groups. The whole series is actually worth sharing with your community-oriented friends.

Meetup Organizer Newsletter: February 2021
The latest revision of the meetup organiser newsletter has been sent out! Spread the content in your local community.

New and ongoing discussions

Meeting times and Daylight Savings Time
DST is here again and some parts of the world are moving their clocks. In previous years, we have moved the meeting times accordingly one hour forward after EU/UK has started the DST. What should we do this year, stick with UTC times or move like previously?

Annual Meetup Survey Revisions for 2020
It’s time to send the annual Meetup Survey again for organisers and attendees! Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the WordPress Chapter Meetup program pivoted to online events partway through 2020. With that in mind, the surveys do need changes. @courtneypk is looking to get feedback before 2020-02-23.

Announcement: Decision making checklist for in-person meetups now available
The team agreed on creating a checklist and allowing in-person meetups if a certain set of criteria are met. There are also helpful resources for meetup organisers that do have questions around the topic. How community members have received this information? Any feedback at this point? Is all this information understandable for local organisers and deputies?

Community Team 2021 Goals Summary
We managed to put our goals for this year together! The summary is quite lenghty, so please take a time to read it carefully. There are set of ongoing goals, to which everyone can contribute easily in their everyday work. There’s also bit bigger goals for Q1 and Q2 what would need someone or group of contributors working towards the goals. Share in the post or in the meeting, if you are interested on working some goal!

Open floor

Opportunity to bring things into discussions that weren’t on the meeting agenda and if anyone has something they would like to share with the team. If you have a topic in mind before the meeting, please add it into the comments of this post.

Hope to see you on Thursday, either on Asia-Pacific / EMEA or Americas friendly version of the meeting!

Preliminary agenda was put together in collaboration of @sippis and @kcristiano.

#meeting, #meeting-agenda, #team-chat, #team-meeting

Community Team Meeting agenda for 2021-02-04

The Community Team bi-weekly meeting is happening this week. The meeting is meant for all contributors on the team and everyone who is interested in taking part in some of the things our team does. Feel free to join us, even if you are not currently active in the team!

Asia-Pacific / EMEA friendly meeting: 2021-02-04 11:00 UTC
Americas friendly meeting: 2021-04-04 20:00 UTC

Below is a preliminary agenda for the meeting. If you wish to add things you’d like bring to into discussion, comment below or reach out to team reps @sippis or @kcristiano. It does not need to be a blog post yet, the topic can be discussed during the meeting nevertheless. We use the same agenda for both meetings.

Preliminary agenda

Deputy / Mentor / Contributor check-ins

What have you been doing and how is it going? What you got accomplished after the last meeting? Are there any blockers? Can other team members help you in some way?

Highlights

Contributor Working Group
The group is working towards creating a comprehensive, centralized location for all Contributor information. If you’d like to get involved, attend their next meeting and read recaps of previous meetings here.

Diverse Speaker Training Working Group
The group supports meetups and WordPress events to run a workshop that will help increase the number of speaker applications from people from marginalized and underrepresented groups. If you’d like to get involved, attend their next meeting and read recaps of previous meetings here.

Call to Meetup and WordCamp Organizers and their Underrepresented Community Members: Interactive, Transformational Watch Party!
The Diverse Speaker Training Group invites WordPress event organizers and their marginalized or underrepresented community members to a 1.5 hour “Interactive, Transformational Watch Party” on February 18th, 2021 at 5:30-7:00 PM UTC! Together, attendees will watch the Diverse Speaker Training Workshop Part 1 on the Learn WordPress site, and be invited to participate in the engaging and impactful exercises.

Tuesday Trainings
We are trying a new format with Tuesday Trainings! At least for few next episodes, Tuesday Trainings are going to answer questions that deputies hear often. In the first new format episode, @camikaos answered to question how to get speakers to Meetups. This weeks episode answered to question how to recruit co-organizers for events. If you have some question in mind, that would be beneficial to share in this new format let Cami know!

Learn WordPress: Wanna build a workshop?
The new Learn WordPress platform needs more content! Everyone can submit their idea for a workshop. In case you are hesitant or have some questions, @camikaos and @harishanker are hosting two Q&A sessions to answer all questions related to creating workshops!

New and ongoing discussions

Request for Feedback: Community Team Meeting times for 2021
It has been a long time since our Community Team Meetings times have been revised. We are now in the process of selecting new meeting times which accommodates our current active team members. Go and vote before this friday.

Proposal Update: Decision making checklist for safe, in-person meetups
@angelasjin posted a follow-up proposal on the process of how meetups could have in-person events again. At the time being, all events are expected to be held online. The team is preparing to allow in-person meetups in a controlled way, as there are high hopes that communities can start having in-person gatherings soon again. Safety and health of everyone in our community are important, so please leave your feedback on the in-person meetupMeetup All local/regional gatherings that are officially a part of the WordPress world but are not WordCamps are organized through https://www.meetup.com/. A meetup is typically a chance for local WordPress users to get together and share new ideas and seek help from one another. Searching for ‘WordPress’ on meetup.com will help you find options in your area. decision making checklist before this friday.

Call for Volunteers: Creating a Learn WordPress Course on Open Source Leadership
@angelasjin is looking for volunteers to help they create an course about Open SourceOpen Source Open Source denotes software for which the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified. Open Source **must be** delivered via a licensing model, see GPL. Leadership on the new Learn WordPress platform. You can also help by giving feedback about planned topics. If you are interested, leave a comment on the post before 2020-02-12!

Annual Meetup Survey Revisions for 2020
It’s time to send the annual Meetup Survey again for organisers and attendees! Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the WordPress Chapter Meetup program pivoted to online events partway through 2020. With that in mind, the surveys do need changes. @courtneypk is looking to get feedback before 2020-02-23.

Open floor

Opportunity to bring things into discussions that weren’t on the meeting agenda and if anyone has something they would like to share with the team. If you have a topic in mind before the meeting, please add it into the comments of this post.

Hope to see you on Thursday, either on Asia-Pacific / EMEA or Americas friendly version of the meeting!

Preliminary agenda was put together in collaboration of @sippis and @kcristiano.

#meeting, #meeting-agenda, #team-chat, #team-meeting

Community Team Meeting agenda for 2021-01-21

The Community Team bi-weekly meeting is happening this week. The meeting is meant for all contributors on the team and everyone who is interested in taking part in some of the things our team does. Feel free to join us, even if you are not currently active in the team!

Meeting times are detailed below:

Asia-Pacific / EMEA friendly: 2021-01-21 11:00 UTC
Americas friendly:2021-01-21 20:00 UTC

Below is a preliminary agenda for the meeting. If you wish to add things you’d like bring to into discussion, comment below or reach out to team reps @sippis or @kcristiano. It does not need to be a blog post yet, the topic can be discussed during the meeting nevertheless. We use the same agenda for both meetings.

Preliminary agenda

Deputy / Mentor / Contributor check-ins

What have you been doing and how is it going? What you got accomplished after the last meeting? Are there any blockers? Can other team members help you in some way?

Highlights

Contributor Working Group
The group is working towards creating a comprehensive, centralized location for all Contributor information. If you’d like to get involved, reach out to @amethystanswers. Their last meeting was on 2021-01-06, here’s a recap of it.

Diverse Speaker Training Working Group
The group supports meetups and WordPress events to run a workshop that will help increase the number of speaker applications from people from marginalized and underrepresented groups. If you’d like to get involved, reach out to @jillbinder. Their last meeting was on 2021-01-13, here’s a recap of it.

2020 Incident Reports – Details and Results
In 2020, Community Team received a total of 2 incident reports. @camikaos posted a summary of those reports and actions taken.

New and ongoing discussions

Proposal: Slack Channel for Online Events
@annezazu posted a proposal about creating new SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. channel where information about upcoming online events could be shared cross-team and across team boundaries. Please leave your feedback!

Proposal: Translating Learn WordPress
@evarlese started the discussion around translating the new Learn WordPress platform. There are many steps to do and decide, before getting, so chime into the discussion before Sunday, January 24, 2021.

Request for Feedback: Organizing do_action and Open Source Workshops in 2021
The community held online 5 do_action hackathons and a handful of open-source workshops in 2020. @harishanker is looking for ideas and feedback on how we could support these event format organizers. Share your thoughts on the topic before Monday, January 25, 2021.

Request for Feedback: Community Team Meeting times for 2021
It has been a long time since our Community Team Meetings times have been revised. We are now in the process of selecting new meeting times which accommodates our current active team members. Go and vote before 2021-02-05.

Tuesday Trainings: A Call to Action!
@camikaos started great Tuesday Training series last year, which has brought many important topics and helpful resources for the team. Cami is now requesting new submissions, topic ideas, suggestions for possible authors and help to curate the series. Volunteer to write a Tuesday Training post or lend a hand on curation!

Open floor

Opportunity to bring things into discussions that weren’t on the meeting agenda and if anyone has something they would like to share with the team. If you have a topic in mind before the meeting, please add it into the comments of this post.

Hope to see you on Thursday, either on Asia-Pacific / EMEA or Americas friendly version of the meeting!

Preliminary agenda was put together in collaboration of @sippis and @kcristiano.

#meeting, #team-chat, #team-meeting

Request for Feedback: Community Team Meeting times for 2021

It has been a long time since our Community Team Meetings times have been revised, and we’ve checked the suitability of those from our current team members. As the new year starts, it’s a good time to do the check and see if there’s a need to change the meeting times.

Community Team Meetings are held on the first and third Thursdays of every month. Each meeting happens twice in the same day to cater to different time zones. We plan to keep all this unchanged.

Currently, our meeting times are 11:00 UTC and 20:00 UTC. This is the part we are interested in and looking to change in case some other times prove to be more appropriate for most of the Community Team members.

To vote on the times, please fill this Doodle. Times are shown in your local timezone by default. Make sure to check that Doodle guessed your timezone right. If you want to change the timezone for times shown, use the timezone selector right above the table view.

Please note that the poll is used to vote on times for the rest of the year, regardless it having only one date.

You can vote for multiple times and for both, EMEA / Asia-Pacific and US friendly, meeting times. Team reps will choose the two times that have gotten most votes but do use consideration in order to ensure covering all timezones.

Next two team meetings, on 2021-01-21 and 2021-02-04, will still be held 11:00 UTC and 20:00 UTC. If meeting times are subject to change as a result of this vote, first meeting which will take place at the new time is 2020-02-18.

Please vote before 2021-02-05.

This post was written in collaboration of @sippis and @kcristiano.

#meeting, #meeting-time, #meetings, #team-meeting

Community Team Chat Schedule

In our Community Team Chats this month, we discussed the possibility of changing our monthly team chat to bi-weekly (every other week) or weekly. We’d like to hear what you think! Please take a moment to respond to the poll below.

 

Please respond by Friday, 14 April. If we all agree on a change, we’ll post an update on the change next week.

#community-team, #meeting, #meetings, #team-chat, #team-meeting

#agenda

Team Chat Agenda, Feb 27, 2014

It’s the 4th Thursday of the month, so the focus is “Contrib recognition, site stuff” — kind of a perfect day to talk about profiles, right? Thinking we might try a combo IRC/hangout so we can show what we’ve done so far this week, and since Andrea, Ian, Cami, Rebecca, and I are all in the same place today. If that sounds good, will post a hangout link before meeting time.

To suggest additional agenda items, leave a comment.

#agenda, #team-meeting

Agenda for team meeting focus on WordCamps conferences…

Agenda for team meeting (focus on WordCamps/conferences) tomorrow, Feb 20:

  • Orientation hangouts — how are they going?
  • Let’s talk tools for wordcamp.org administration and event sites. What’s good, what sucks, what isn’t great but probably could be with some effort and dev time?

My guess is that we can easily use up an hour talking tools. To help expedite things, if folks want to give us a head start by listing prelim thoughts on tools (existing or wish-list), that would be great.

Side note: I’m thinking that while we’re ramping up the program, it might be worth doing a meetups-centric meeting once a week for a little while to help us crank through stuff. Would anyone else be interested in doing that? Maybe tacked on to the front or back of the regular team meeting, or same time on a different day?

#agenda, #team-meeting, #wordcamps