Look familiar? You’re right; this is similar to the other post!
However, the goal of this one is to focus on onboarding experiences had at or around Contributor Days.
As we grow, it’s important to reflect on where we can make our processes smoother for everyone. So this post is gathering feedback specifically related to Contributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/..
- Any blockers you’ve found to participating in a Contributor Day
- Any blockers you’ve found to helping others participate in a Contributor Day
- Anything you think it would be useful to share
That’s it. Short and sweet. Please leave feedback in the comments.
#feedback #ContributorDay #onboarding
Hello, all. In an effort to make our content more engaging and more useful for everyone, I have been working on updates to our Make/Community site and the pages within.
You may have noticed updates to the Welcome Box, the Team Projects page, the Community Team Handbook, and have recently started on the Meetup Organizers Handbook.
About the Project
The goal is to fill in any missing knowledge and make our information easier to find.
The project impacts two sets of people:
- organizers who are trying to find information to host an event
- new contributors to the community team, such as deputies Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook. and mentors Event Supporter (formerly Mentor) is someone who has already organised a WordCamp and has time to meet with their assigned mentee every 2 weeks, they talk over where they should be in their timeline, help them to identify their issues, and also identify solutions for their issues.
My approach so far has been to update and simplify information while moving frequently used links to more accessible locations.
How you can help!
Please comment here with insights into:
- frequently used information that you struggle to find
- blockers you have hit that make it difficult to contribute, or to help others contribute
- information that is confusing or outdated
- processes that are confusing or outdated
- frustrations you’ve faced when planning an event or assisting others to do so
- anything else that could help improve the experience for event organizers and contributors
Thank you in advance for your help.
Hat tip to @juliarosia for editing assistance.