The Community Team chat takes place the first Thursday of every month.
This meeting is meant for all contributors on the team and everyone who is interested in taking part in some of the things our team does. Feel free to join us, even if you are not currently active in the team!
Asia-Pacific / EMEA friendly meeting: Thursday, 7 December at 12:00 PM UTC
Americas friendly meeting: Thursday, 7 December at 21:00 PM UTC
You will find a preliminary agenda for the meeting below.
If you wish to add points to discuss, comment on this post or reach out to one of the team reps: @leo, @nukaga, or @mysweetcate. It does not need to be a blog post yet, the topic can be discussed during the meeting nevertheless. We use the same agenda for both meetings.
Check-ins: Supporters, Managers, and Contributors
- What have you been doing and how is it going?
- What did you accomplish after the last meeting?
- Are there any blockers?
- Can other team members help you in some way?
Highlights to Note
Here are a few things everyone should be aware of.
- Events of the Month – October – In a continuing effort to provide some real-time information for event organizers and the community alike, below is a recap of the prior month’s events and how they fared financially, in terms of ticket sales and budget.
- State of the Word Watch Parties – It’s never too late to organize one, and encourage other communities to do so as well! Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to bring together your local WordPress community and connect with the global WordPress family. Use the tips, tricks, and resources to get started today, and let’s celebrate WordPress together!
- Embracing Matrix for Enhanced Communication – The move is on to switch all Make WordPress Teams communications from Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. to Matrix by the end of this year. While there are some known issues that they will continue to work to improve, it is time to start taking advantage of the benefits this open source Open Source denotes software for which the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified. Open Source **must be** delivered via a licensing model, see GPL. option offers. If you haven’t already switched, visit this page to learn how. Team meetings will be held in Matrix starting January 2023.
Check out these new and ongoing discussions needing review, feedback, thoughts and comments.
- Should We Allow Sponsor Demo Rooms or Tracks at Events? – A WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. proposed the idea of a Sponsor Demo room or track where sponsors would be given the option to present information of their choosing in the Sponsor Demo room or track. The event would be responsible for highlighting to attendees that this is sponsor-driven content that could include sales pitches.
A lively conversation is happening in the post’s replies and we encourage you to either comment here or add to the conversation in the post thread.
- Vote for Community Team Rep 2024 – Please vote for two of these amazing individuals either here or in the post thread. Learn more about each candidate in the post comments. Voting closes on 15 December.
Announcements / Newsletters
This is your chance to discuss things that weren’t on the meeting agenda.
We invite you to use this opportunity to share anything that you want with the team. If you currently have a topic you’d like to discuss, add it to the comments of this post and we will try to update the agenda accordingly.
Hope to see you on Thursday, either in the Asia-Pacific / EMEA (12:00 UTC) or Americas-friendly version (21:00 UTC) of the meeting!