The Community Team chat takes place the first Thursday of every month.
This meeting is meant for all contributors on the team and everyone who is interested in taking part in some of the things our team does. Feel free to join us, even if you are not currently active in the team!
Asia-Pacific / EMEA friendly meeting: Thursday, 5 October at 12:00 PM UTC
Americas friendly meeting: Thursday, 5 October at 21:00 PM UTC
You will find a preliminary agenda for the meeting below.
If you wish to add points to discuss, comment on this post or reach out to one of the team reps: @leo, @nukaga, or @mysweetcate. It does not need to be a blog post yet, the topic can be discussed during the meeting nevertheless. We use the same agenda for both meetings.
Check-ins: Supporters, Managers, and Contributors
- What have you been doing and how is it going?
- What did you accomplish after the last meeting?
- Are there any blockers?
- Can other team members help you in some way?
Highlights to Note
Here are a few things everyone should be aware of.
- Announcement: Sunsetting Tagregator plugin on WordCamp.org websites – After 10 years of helping organizers pull content from various social media networks onto their pages, the Tagregator plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party is being retired due to breaking changes in the social media APIs. Read on to learn more of what @sippis has to say.
- Community Team Engagement Program Supporter Survey 2023 – Thank you to all Program Supporters who took the survey! Your contribution to this was invaluable. Look through the results and offer any feedback you may have.
- From Japan to Rome: Recent and Upcoming Next Generation WordPress Events – – As @juliarosia reports, “The Community team continues to encourage WordPress enthusiasts around the world to organize creative events that align with the [the project’s] purpose statement.” Check out these most recent events!
- Resource and Handbook Updates in Q3 – @peiraisotta and @mysweetcate have been working on updating the handbooks to reflect the name changes, and to make them easier to use, as well as simplifying the task documentation related to HelpScout management, application reviews, and group orientations.
Check out these new and ongoing discussions needing review, feedback, thoughts and comments.
- Proposed 2024 Global Community Sponsorship Program – A draft is ready for the 2024 program, but there’s still time for you to give feedback on the program. Please comment on the post with any thoughts you have. Thank you for your work on this Global Sponsor team!
Announcements / Newsletters
This is your chance to discuss things that weren’t on the meeting agenda.
We invite you to use this opportunity to share anything that you want with the team. If you currently have a topic you’d like to discuss, add it to the comments of this post and we will try to update the agenda accordingly.
Hope to see you on Thursday, either in the Asia-Pacific / EMEA (12:00 UTC) or Americas-friendly version (21:00 UTC) of the meeting!