Like all great communities, the strength of the WordPress community is the incredible people who participate and also bring their unique perspectives and ideas to the project.
As the NextGen Event Project rolls along, we have put together some creative concepts and ideas powered by your fellow WordPress enthusiasts. These concepts are all ready for implementation, and we hope that these are brought to life over the next months and years to come.
Community and Identity-Based Groups:
- College Campus-Based Groups
- Self-Learning Clubs
- Events for Identity-Based Groups
- Peer-to-Peer Matching
- Expert to Beginner Matching
- Event for Underrepresented Groups
Educational and Informative Events:
- WordPress “Shark Tank” (Ideas Pitch)
- WordPress LearnUp
- Intro to Open Source Open Source denotes software for which the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified. Open Source **must be** delivered via a licensing model, see GPL. and WordPress
- Intro to Contributing
- Second Half of the Day
- Sponsor Networking Day
- WordPress Debate on Hot Topics
- Events on Specific Topics: Hosting, Security, Performance, Sustainability, Optimization
- Online Event: WordCast
- Happiness Bar
- Online Clinic
- Show and Tell Night
- Curated Talks
- Web Pitching Competition
- WordPress Career Day
- WordPress for Rural Communities
- WordPress Showcase for Students
Networking and Professional Development:
- Job Fairs
- Fireside Chats/Show and Tell
- Lunch Clubs
- Networking Circles
- Group Speed Networking for Business Owners (Finance, Insurance, Tech)
- Networking for WordPress Businesses
- Networking for Jobseekers and Recruiters
- Networking for Bloggers
- Events for Podcasters
- Events for Publishers
Education and Skill Building:
- Community Building Event
- 1:1 Learning
- Event with Non-WordPress Tech Groups
- DevCamp with Non-WordPress Dev Communities
- Study Group Learning WP on Different Topics (Learning by Doing)
- WordPress for Enterprise Training
- Event for Enterprise Users and Media Companies Using Multisite Multisite is a WordPress feature which allows users to create a network of sites on a single WordPress installation. Available since WordPress version 3.0, Multisite is a continuation of WPMU or WordPress Multiuser project. WordPress MultiUser project was discontinued and its features were included into WordPress core.https://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network.
- Event for Web Agencies
- WordPress Youth Summit
- Scary Stories or Horror WordPress in October – Learning from Mistakes
- WordPress for Publishers
- Low-cost or Eco Event
- WordPress Retreat
- Event about Digital Marketing
These ideas have been collected from community members like you. The exciting part is, if you are an event organizer, we truly encourage you to experiment actively by creating more vibrant, inclusive and exciting events for the future.
This is where we get to participate and shape the future of WordPress events.
Apply now for organizing an event under the NextGen Events program!
Thank you to @devinmaeztri, @no249a002 and @_dorsvenabili for contributing to this post!
#nex-gen #community-event, #next-gen-events