The Community Team chat takes place the first Thursday of every month.
This meeting is meant for all contributors on the team and everyone who is interested in taking part in some of the things our team does. Feel free to join us, even if you are not currently active in the team!
Asia-Pacific / EMEA friendly meeting: Thursday, 3 August at 12:00 PM UTC
Americas friendly meeting: Thursday, 3 August at 21:00 PM UTC
You will find a preliminary agenda for the meeting below.
If you wish to add points to discuss, comment on this post or reach out to one of the team reps: @leo, @nukaga, or @mysweetcate. It does not need to be a blog post yet, the topic can be discussed during the meeting nevertheless. We use the same agenda for both meetings.
Check-ins: Supporters, Managers, and Contributors
- What have you been doing and how is it going?
- What did you accomplish after the last meeting?
- Are there any blockers?
- Can other team members help you in some way?
Highlights to Note
Here are a few things everyone should be aware of.
Check out these new and ongoing discussions needing review, feedback, thoughts and comments.
- Contributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. Team, WCUS WordCamp US. The US flagship WordCamp event. 2023 – This year’s team will be led by @samsuresh. @brandondove has volunteered to help welcome and guide newcomers to the Community Team. @st810amaze, @nukaga, and @tacoverdo will be helping out as well. I’ll be popping in when I can. If you’d like to help, contact one of these team members.
- Can You Help the Week of WCUS 2023? – Speaking of helping…. The work of the Community Team still goes on even when flagship events are happening. @sippis has already stepped up to commit to helping with HelpScout and monitoring Slack. We still need at least four other team members to help with various roles: mainly HelpScout, Meetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. and WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. application review, and monitoring Slack.
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute and we’re happy to provide additional training if someone feels like they need it. Contact @peiraisotta or @mysweetcate with questions or to express interest.
- Finally, if you are a Program Supporter Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook., please take this short survey. Your feedback is vital and provides a more complete view of who is currently contributing in this role and insight into what to focus on for the future. Have your answers in by 4 August. Thank you!
Announcements / Newsletters
This is your chance to discuss things that weren’t on the meeting agenda.
We invite you to use this opportunity to share anything that you want with the team. If you currently have a topic you’d like to discuss, add it to the comments of this post and we will try to update the agenda accordingly.
Hope to see you on Thursday, either in the Asia-Pacific / EMEA (12:00 UTC) or Americas-friendly version (21:00 UTC) of the meeting!