Contributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. is fast approaching and we couldn’t be more excited. We had some great suggestions and all of them seem worthwhile to pursue!
So how will the Community Team be using our time?
- We will provide space for #WPDiversity to meet with attendees who would like to hold an open discussion about diversity in the WordPress community in Asia.
- Be available to attendees who have questions about starting a meetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. or WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. in their area.
- Help any new contributors apply to the Meetup Reactivation project or to be a WordCamp Mentor Event Supporter (formerly Mentor) is someone who has already organised a WordCamp and has time to meet with their assigned mentee every 2 weeks, they talk over where they should be in their timeline, help them to identify their issues, and also identify solutions for their issues..
- Improve the documentation
- What blockers prevent women from being involved as organizers and how can we support them?
- What people want to see on a WordCamp attendees page. What information would add value for other attendees?
- Discuss what the benefit and impact is of not allowing branded slides for WordCamp speakers, and why we should keep that rule.
Can’t attend in person?
Join the conversations that happen all year long in the Make Community Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. It’s simple to join and allows you to connect to all of the Make WordPress contributor teams!
Comment on the post to share your feedback, particularly around the two items we’ll be discussing. You’ll also have a chance to approve any updates to the handbooks so be looking for that opportunity.
Additionally, consider amplifying the event on your personal social media. I’ll be tweeting pictures from my @mysweetcate account using #CommunityTeam.
Thanks @devinmaeztri, @tacoverdo, @nukaga, @onealtr, and @peiraisotta for contributing to this post.