Attending: @askdesign, @bobWP, @estelaris, @jillbinder, @kcrockett, @martatorre, @sc0ttkclark, @webcommsat, @wpfangirl
1 – Attendance and check-ins (everyone)
2 – First time here
3 – Group Goals (@jillbinder) + Comments, Questions, Ideas (anyone)
We covered our 5-year vision and our quarterly goals.
@estelaris asked questions about interviewing us for WCEU WordCamp Europe. The European flagship WordCamp event. Community tables, and getting help creating a talk.
4 – Community Badges (@jillbinder)
@jillbinder announced the most recent people to earn community badges, and how those badges are earned.
5 – Recent Things & Upcoming Dates (@jillbinder)
- Thank you for filling out the 2022 Self-Review forms
- Yesterday, @simo70 held our Speaker workshop in Italy in Italian
- Saturday, January 28, 2023 @ 10:30am-12:30pm (time changed after the meeting) India time: How to Own Your Expertise & Start Speaking at WordPress Events #WPDiversity APAC
- Mid February, also on a Saturday: Organizing Diverse & Inclusive WordPress Events APAC
- Mid March, a month later, also on a Saturday: Organizing Diverse & Inclusive WordPress Events Follow-Up Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. Discussion on the #community-events channel
6 – Marketing (@santanainniss)
- We’ll feature some recap posts soon of the performance and impact of WP Diversity in 2022
- Curious to hear from folks: How did you feel about the marketing efforts from June-December 2022? All feedback, wishlist items, and ideas are welcome.
- We talked a bit about collecting data, getting on a podcast, and more.
7 – APAC WPDiversity Network Building (@onealtr)
@oneal posted about a recent WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. in Asia and some upcoming WordCamps.
8 – Available Roles (@jillbinder)
- Speaker Mentor Event Supporter (formerly Mentor) is someone who has already organised a WordCamp and has time to meet with their assigned mentee every 2 weeks, they talk over where they should be in their timeline, help them to identify their issues, and also identify solutions for their issues. Coordinator
- Community Engagement Role
- Translation Facilitator
9 – Other Updates + Next meeting facilitator (anyone)
@martatorre has been working on the WPFem project to target event organizers in Spain more, to help them make their events more diverse. We offered support and discussed some ideas to help with this.