In June, we held one “Organizing Diverse & Inclusive WordPress Events” discussion.
Organizing Diverse & Inclusive WordPress Events – coaching, accountability and discussion
As a follow-up to our May 2022 workshop discussions, we held a coaching, accountability and discussion session on Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. on June 14th, 2022.
Number who attended: 10
From number of cities: 10
From number of countries: 5 (Bangladesh, Luxembourg, Philippines, Spain, United States)
We have a Slack channel (#diverse-speaker-support) in the Make WordPress Slack for:
- workshopping talks with each other and with mentors Event Supporter (formerly Mentor) is someone who has already organised a WordCamp and has time to meet with their assigned mentee every 2 weeks, they talk over where they should be in their timeline, help them to identify their issues, and also identify solutions for their issues.
- finding out about WordPress speaking opportunities from WordPress Meetups Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. and WordCamps
- getting to know other WordPress speakers and organizers
Wins this month: 7
- 2 spoke at a WordPress event
- 2 spoke at a different tech event
- 1 applied and got accepted for a WordPress event (2 wins)
- 1 got a talk accepted at another tech event
A lot of people contribute to making these workshops successful. Thank you to each and every one!
Upcoming: September and October 2022
September 24, 2022 and September 25, 2022 @ 9am-11:30am IST: Speaker Workshop for Indian Women in the WordPress Community
October 29, 2022 @ 10am-6pm CST: WordPress #WPDiversity Speaker Workshop for Women Voices in Latin America
Follow https://make.wordpress.org/community/tag/wpdiversityworkshops/ for our next workshop announcement.