Calling all Contributor Teams! Planning is underway for WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. U.S. (WCUS WordCamp US. The US flagship WordCamp event.) 2022 Contributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/., to be held on September 11, 2022 in San Diego, California.
By July 29, 2022, please submit the Contributor Day Table Leads signup form to let us know your team’s WCUS Contributor Day plans.
If your Contributor Team has subteams, please ensure that you coordinate with them before filling out the form.
Check out the WCUS 2022 Information for Table Leads page for more details!
- Starting Now: Identify your Table Lead(s), Table Onboarder, and Team Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. Rep and let us know by filling out this form. If your team has subteams, please ensure that you coordinate with them as well before filling out the form.
- July 29th: This is the last day to confirm that you’re going to be represented at Contributor Day. If we don’t hear back by this date, we cannot guarantee that there will be a dedicated space for your team.
- August 12th: Please let us know what you’ll be working on and if there are any specific times attached to those things.
Attendees’ Preliminary Interest in Contributor Day
When purchasing WCUS 2022 tickets, registrants were asked which team they would like to contribute to during WCUS Contributor Day. Here are their responses:
Contributor Team & Number of WCUS registrants who expressed interest
- Not Sure: 399
- Core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress.: 52
- Marketing: 40
- Design: 33
- Community: 31
- Accessibility Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility): 24
- Hosting: 23
- Training: 20
- Documentation: 20
- WP-CLI WP-CLI is the Command Line Interface for WordPress, used to do administrative and development tasks in a programmatic way. The project page is http://wp-cli.org/ https://make.wordpress.org/cli/: 11
- Support: 10
- Testing/Flow: 7
- Polyglots: 6
- Theme Review: 5
- Plugin A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. These can be free in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory https://wordpress.org/plugins/ or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party Review: 5
- WordPress TV: 4
- Photo Directory: 4
- Meta Meta is a term that refers to the inside workings of a group. For us, this is the team that works on internal WordPress sites like WordCamp Central and Make WordPress.: 4
- Tide: 1
- Openverse: 1
Questions about WCUS 2022 Contributor Day?
Comment here or ping The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” your Contributor Team liaisons in Make WordPress Slack.
- Christina Workman (@amethystanswers in Slack): Liaison to Core, Design, Mobile, Themes, Plugins, Meta, Test, CLI Command Line Interface. Terminal (Bash) in Mac, Command Prompt in Windows, or WP-CLI for WordPress., Hosting, Tide
- Julia Golomb (@julia in Slack): Liaison to Community, A11y Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility), Polyglots, Documentation, Training, Openverse, TV, Marketing, Photos, Support