Attending: @jillbinder, @katiejrichards, @kcrockett, @onealtr, @sc0ttkclark, @tantienhime, @volkswagenchick
Attended by proxy: @devinmaeztri, @juliarosia, @angelasjin, @planningwrite
1 Check-ins (everyone)
2 First time here
3 Comments, questions, ideas
- We talked about holding a prep session for the speakers accepted to WCUS WordCamp US. The US flagship WordCamp event. from the #diverse-speaker-support channel.
4 Workshops (Speaker & Allyship) (@jillbinder)
- Nigeria Speaker Workshop, April 24, 2022 went quite well
- Allyship discussion, April 14, 2022 went quite well
- We are renaming our Allyship workshops from “Allyship for WP Event Organizers” to “Organizing Diverse & Inclusive WordPress Events.”
- We created the May 2022 (Cohort 3) Inclusion Workshops to be a good format for the WCUS organizers: May 10 & 14, 2022 for an hour each (also invited: All event organizers and contributors, speaker mentors Event Supporter (formerly Mentor) is someone who has already organised a WordCamp and has time to meet with their assigned mentee every 2 weeks, they talk over where they should be in their timeline, help them to identify their issues, and also identify solutions for their issues. in the #diverse-speaker-support channel)
5 Diverse Speaker Support channel (@kcrockett & @jillbinder)
- The new workflows and prompts have been going well. Organic conversations have begun!
6 Translations (@jillbinder for @devinmaeztri)
- The Portuguese BR Lesson Plan has been uploaded!
- In progress: Italian and French
- First thoughts are going into Inclusion workshop localization, starting with Italian
7 DEI plans for WordPress events (@jillbinder for @juliarosia, @angelasjin, @planningwrite)
8 APAC (@onealtr)
9 Other Updates + Next week’s meeting chair