The WordPress Global Sponsorship Program (born in 2013 as the Multi-Event Sponsorship Program), provides financial support to WordPress community events around the world. It’s time to analyze the program yet again and come up with a proposal for the 2022 edition!
Our Global Sponsors have been flexible and gracious through the various changes that the program has seen throughout the pandemic, and the upcoming year is no exception. Given the complexity of the ever-changing situation, this year’s working group will include deputies Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook. with history and experience with the Global Sponsorship program. That said, the group will have the following members: @kcristiano, @sippis, @angelasjin, @harmonyromo, @_dorsvenabili, and @courtneypk.
The group would like to share a proposal for the 2022 Global Sponsorship Program no later than 7 October 2021, with the hopes of finalizing and sharing the program with sponsors by 28 October. The timeline would look like this:
- 15–30 September: 2–4 hours of independent program analysis and two 1-hour Working Group meetings
- 7 October: Share program proposal
- 8–15 October: Office hours Defined times when the Global Community Team are in the #community-events Slack channel. If there is anything you would like to discuss – you do not need to inform them in advance.You are very welcome to drop into any of the Community Team Slack channels at any time./open meetings for input
- 16–23 October: Evaluate feedback
- 28 October: Share finalized program