Attending: @jillbinder @evarlese @onealtr @katiejrichards @danitto
Summary and next actions:
We talked about:
- The new #WPDiversity programs that we launched this week
- Having everyone on the team join our 2 channels on the WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. for our 2 new programs:
– Diverse Speaker Support program: #diverse-speaker-support
– Allyship program: #community-events
- Our two workshops coming up:
– Allyship on Thurs, Aug 19th
– Diverse Speakers a week later either on Fri, Aug. 27, run by @onealtr with help from @volkswagenchick. I will help out in the background.
All on our team are asked to have attended each workshop at least once, please!
@jillbinder is creating the eventbrites and the community post for both workshops
@evarlese and @angelasjin are inviting meetups Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. to invite their communities to the Diverse Speakers workshop
- Small volunteer ask: Help with on-boarding August Diverse Speaker workshop participants onto #diverse-speaker-support:
– An easy way to communicate how to join the WordPress Slack this on a workshop slide -> We could use help with this, still!
– Be available to help people troubleshoot getting in -> @danitto volunteered
Next action: Find someone to help with the first item, and help @danitto get onto Helpscout for the second item
- Small volunteer ask: Reach out to a list of people on our team who have qualified for the Community badge -> @katiejrichards volunteered
Next action: Jill will send her the list of people and the message template
- Small volunteer ask: Reviewing and editing our new Handbook doc describing our new programs -> @evarlese and @katiejrichards volunteered. We could use more help, please!
Next action: @evarlese and @katiejrichards get started looking at the doc. Jill reaches out to ask more people.
- Note on translations status:
– Video captions: Spanish – the first video is complete. Ericka is starting the next video, and looking for 1-2 more people to help out. There are about 2 hours of video content left.
– Video captions: Portuguese – we are looking for 2-3 people to help with this. There is 4 hours of video content.