Community Team Meeting agenda for 2021-04-15

The Community Team bi-weekly meeting is happening today. The meeting is meant for all contributors on the team and everyone who is interested in taking part in some of the things our team does. Feel free to join us, even if you are not currently active in the team!

Asia-Pacific / EMEA friendly meeting: 2021-04-15 12:00
Americas friendly meeting:
2021-04-15 21:00

Note the Daylight Savings Time and how it might affect which time the meeting is taking place for you! The above times should be presented in your local time.

Below is a preliminary agenda for the meeting. If you wish to add things you’d like bring to into discussion, comment below or reach out to team reps @sippis or @kcristiano. It does not need to be a blog post yet, the topic can be discussed during the meeting nevertheless. We use the same agenda for both meetings.

Preliminary agenda

DeputyDeputy Community Deputies are a team of people all over the world who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and generally keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about deputies in our Community Deputy Handbook. / MentorMentor Someone who has already organised a WordCamp and has time to meet with their assigned mentee every 2 weeks, they talk over where they should be in their timeline, help them to identify their issues, and also identify solutions for their issues. / Contributor check-ins

What have you been doing and how is it going? What you got accomplished after the last meeting? Are there any blockers? Can other team members help you in some way?

Highlights

Improving the Learn WordPress Working Group meetings
It’s been about four months since the Learn WordPress Working Group started meeting at its current frequency and schedule. Erica is looking for feedback about a possible change of meeting time. Please fill the doodle poll before Tuesday, April 20th if you are part of Learn WordPress Working Group or interested in contributing to Learn project.

Discussion: The Community Team Contributor Ladder
Angela put together a post that clarifies the roles and responsibilities of Community Team contributors. Good reminder and worth checking out.

The Community Deputy Round Table is Coming in June
One of the WordPress Community SupportWordPress Community Support WordPress Community Support PBC is a subsidiary of WordPress Foundation. It is created specifically to be the financial and legal support for WordCamps, WordPress Meetup groups, and any additional “official” events organized within the WordPress Community Events program. (WPCSWordPress Coding Standards A collection of PHP_CodeSniffer rules (sniffs) to validate code developed for WordPress. It ensures code quality and adherence to coding conventions, especially the official standards for WordPress Core.) team goals for Q1&Q2 is to host an online deputy round table. Currently, a small team of experienced contributors is planning to organise this round table. Please fill the doodle poll to select the times tomorrow at the latest.

New and ongoing discussions

Frequency of these meetings
Currently, our Team Meetings are held on the first and third Thursdays of every month. In some months like April, this sequence does cause three weeks gap between the meetings. After today’s meeting, the next one would be in three weeks on 2021-05-06 instead of having two weeks gap like we usually have. Should we change the first and third Thursday rule sequence to every second week, in order to avoid the long gaps between? Comment your thoughts in this post 🙂

Proposal: Adding topic-based meetup groups as part of the Meetup chapter program
Typically, WordPress MeetupsMeetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on at least a monthly basis. The WordPress MeetupMeetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. Chapter program requires that a meetup be hosted for a city or a specified location. However as COVID-19 pandemic changed the world, changes were made to the events program to allow for online Meetups. Recently, the Community team received two applications to start a meetup group globally for a specific topic that is not tied to any city. Sam opened an discussion around topic if we should allow these kind of Meetups in our chapter program.

Request for feedback: Team goals check
As we enter Q2 of 2021, it seems appropriate to check where we are with the action items set for Q1 and Q2 in our Team goals. If you are working with some action item or do know the progress of one, please leave an update in the comments of the post.

Open floor

Opportunity to bring things into discussions that weren’t on the meeting agenda and if anyone has something they would like to share with the team. If you have a topic in mind before the meeting, please add it into the comments of this post.

Hope to see you on Thursday, either on Asia-Pacific / EMEA or Americas friendly version of the meeting!

#meeting, #meeting-agenda, #meetings, #team-chat, #team-meeting