As we enter Q2 of 2021, it seems appropriate to check where we are with the action items set for Q1 and Q2 in our Team goals for this year. Is there something that is already accomplished, moving faster or slower than we thought and how those action items are moving forward in general?
If you are working with some action item or do know the progress of one, please leave an update in the comments. Also, please tell if there are any blockers or if you’d like to get help moving the action item forward. This way we can, as a community, know better where to direct our efforts. If you are interested in helping with some of the action items, share that with us and we’ll get you started!
The action items for Q1 & Q2 we set to ourself are:
Improve communication within the Community team
- Create task rotations for deputies Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook. and host more sprints so that deputies work with and learn from each other.
- Host a virtual deputy Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook. table to spend time together to discuss our work and priorities.
Support event organizers
- Alongside Training and Marketing teams, help Meetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. groups better utilize Learn WordPress, and help increase the number of workshops and discussion groups.
- Continue and improve Tuesday Trainings with contributor content.
- Identify priority content for translation of community handbooks.
Increase training and support for deputies and mentors Event Supporter (formerly Mentor) is someone who has already organised a WordCamp and has time to meet with their assigned mentee every 2 weeks, they talk over where they should be in their timeline, help them to identify their issues, and also identify solutions for their issues.
- Begin creating a leadership training course.
- Begin creating Code of Conduct “A code of conduct is a set of rules outlining the norms, rules, and responsibilities or proper practices of an individual party.” - Wikipedia incident response training course.
- Help deputies better understand and run the diverse speaker training workshop so that they can help local communities with the workshop.