Our bi-monthly Community Team chat is happening this Thursday, 05 November 2020. Meeting times are detailed below. We use the same agenda for both meetings in order to include all time zones.
Asia-Pacific / EMEA friendly: Thursday, November 05, 2020, 11:00 UTC
Americas friendly: Thursday, November 05, 2020, 20:00 UTC
Deputy Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook./Mentor Event Supporter (formerly Mentor) is someone who has already organised a WordCamp and has time to meet with their assigned mentee every 2 weeks, they talk over where they should be in their timeline, help them to identify their issues, and also identify solutions for their issues. check-in
What have you been doing and how is it going?
P2 P2 or O2 is the term people use to refer to the Make WordPress blog. It can be found at https://make.wordpress.org/. posts needing review/feedback
- Call for participants: Diverse Speaker Workshops October & November 2020 – Jillbinder – https://make.wordpress.org/community/2020/10/16/call-for-participants-diverse-speaker-workshops-october-november-2020/
- Addressing Mailchimp and Newsletter service privacy concerns – Hari Shanker R – https://make.wordpress.org/community/2020/10/19/addressing-mailchimp-and-newsletter-service-privacy-concerns/
- Meetup Organizer Newsletter: October 2020 – Hari Shanker R – https://make.wordpress.org/community/2020/10/20/meetup-organizer-newsletter-october-2020/
- WordCamp.org URL Migration Complete – Ian Dunn – https://make.wordpress.org/community/2020/10/27/wordcamp-org-url-migration-complete/
- Tuesday Trainings: Organizing WordPress Meetups Part 1: Getting Started – Cami Kaos – https://make.wordpress.org/community/2020/10/27/tuesday-trainings-organizing-wordpress-meetups-part-1-getting-started/
- Recap of the Diverse Speaker Training group (#WPDiversity) on October 28, 2020 – Jillbinder – https://make.wordpress.org/community/2020/10/29/recap-of-the-diverse-speaker-training-group-wpdiversity-on-october-28-2020/
- Proposal: Event Schema for WordCamp.org – Joost de Valk – https://make.wordpress.org/community/2020/10/30/proposal-event-schema-for-wordcamp-org/
- Getting more Learn WordPress Discussion Group leaders and attendees – Timi Wahalahti – https://make.wordpress.org/community/2020/10/30/getting-more-learn-wordpress-discussion-group-leaders-and-attendees/
- Recap of Contributor Working Group Meeting (#WPContributors) for Oct. 21, 2020 – Christina Workman – https://make.wordpress.org/community/2020/10/30/recap-of-contributor-working-group-meeting-wpcontributors-for-oct-21-2020/
- Proposal follow-up: Dedicated communication place for deputies – forming the guidelines – Timi Wahalahti – https://make.wordpress.org/community/2020/11/02/proposal-follow-up-dedicated-communication-place-for-deputies-forming-the-guidelines/
- Tuesday Trainings: Organizing WordPress Meetups Part 2: Supporting an Online Meetup – Cami Kaos – https://make.wordpress.org/community/2020/11/03/tuesday-trainings-organizing-wordpress-meetups-part-2-supporting-an-online-meetup/
Highlighted P2 posts
Please add any additional items to this agenda by commenting on this post as needed.