This week we continue our focus on the Organizing WordPress Meetups Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. series created by @harmonyromo @harishanker @evarlese and @angelasjin. You can watch it here!
Each workshop in the learn series has a set of objectives called the learning outcomes. For this workshop (part 2 of 2) the following learning outcomes have been set by your workshop hosts:
- Familiarity with the different tools available to organizers to support and build their Meetups.
- A comfortable understanding of how to generate speaker ideas and/or resources for finding speakers.
- Ideas for different types of Meetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. events, including how to run a Meetup based on the Learn platform.
Did you get all that?
If you watched the workshop you should have picked up on the above learning outcomes. But there was more to learn than just those three items. To ensure you had full comprehension you can move along to our next section.
- What are some tools you can use to host online meetups?
- Why is it important to bring in more organizers, and what are some ways to do so?
- What are some ways for selecting topics and speakers? Do you always have to have experienced speakers?
- What are some other event formats for Meetups?
Talk about it
Now that you’ve taken something away from the workshop I hope you’ll take this all a step further and join a live discussion group to discuss the content with others who have watched it as well. You can find discussion groups specific to any of the workshops you find on Learn.WordPress here on Meetup.com.
You’re also welcome to bring your questions here in the comments!