I’m excited to announce a new series of posts beginning here on the Community P2 P2 or O2 is the term people use to refer to the Make WordPress blog. It can be found at https://make.wordpress.org/. next week. I’m calling them Tuesday Trainings.
What are Tuesday Trainings all about?
It’s a series of content created by WordPress Community deputies Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook. and volunteers to share knowledge and help to train organizers and interested community members in a variety of skills while also adding additional training documentation to our handbooks.
The content will come in a variety of formats including blog posts, recorded presentations, discussions, and workshops. Each week on Tuesday we I’ll highlight a different topic right here with the #tuesdaytrainings tag.
Here are just few of the upcoming trainings topics:
* Best practices for communicating online
* Events that can be run online to keep your community connected
* Different (and valid) types of team leadership
* How to handle transitions in community leadership
* WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Budgets
* Giving and receiving feedback
* WordCamp Mentorship best practices
* Conflict de-escalation
* Handling/taking CoC “A code of conduct is a set of rules outlining the norms, rules, and responsibilities or proper practices of an individual party.” - Wikipedia reports
The list goes on and on and on some more.
If you’re interested in learning from these trainings, follow along here for the trainings and announcements about the trainings. If you’d like to contribute your knowledge for a Tuesday Training comment below or email me at email@example.com
Cheers to learning!