We talked about what group members accomplished recently and are planning on accomplishing this coming month. We had good discussions.
@aurooba asked for help with our Marketing messages to organizers.
@jillbinder talked about moving our Train The Trainers material forward quickly this week due to creating a version for a Drupal training this coming weekend.
Attending: @jillbinder @aurooba @cguntur @rahuldsarker @angelasjin @bhargavmehta @volkswagenchick @wpfangirl
- Planning next
- Marketing messages
- Train the trainers materials status
- Open discussion
@miriamgoldman: Running a “train the deputies Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook.” session on the 20th, and an “train the trainers” on the 27th. Keeping an eye on Helpscout to make sure all is tagged properly. And scheduled a “train the trainers” for Dec. 13th if the need arises – will be scheduling January ones probably after I settle into my Kanopi role more.
@angelasjin ran a training today and is looking forward to the next one
@rahuldsarker‘s small translation is coming along. Not sure when it’ll be finished. He is meeting @bhargavmehta in person for the first time next month.
@bhargavmehta is running a part of our workshop this weekend!
@cguntur is waiting for me to finish with my parts of the Speaker Resources so that she can start sending it out to meetups Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. who completed the questionnaire. She is going to follow up with me about how meetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. care is going
@wpfangirl had a great experience running our workshop and would like to do it yearly. She shared with us her challenges and successes.
@aurooba Is asking for our help with Marketing messages. See below. She is running our workshop in Calgary in February.
2. What are you planning to accomplish this month (by second Wed of December)?
A new section! In the first meeting of the month I’ll ask what you’re planning to accomplish for the month. In the second meeting I’ll ask how the progress is going.
@bhargavmehta: Running part of the workshop this weekend. Preparation for WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Ahmedabad.
@aurooba: Getting the outreach template complete, the automation message handed in to Andrea Middleton, and at least 2 meetups identified to reach out to.
@rahuldsarker is beginning his planning for running the workshop in January and maybe a follow-up in February to prepare for WordCamp in March. Speaking with other organizer to make a few training sessions for new speakers.
@angelasjin At least one more training, specifically for community deputies Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook. so that they better understand the material and are more prepared to talk about it with meetup and WordCamp organizers
@cguntur Meetup care: try to get information from more meetups.
Speaker Mentor Event Supporter (formerly Mentor) is someone who has already organised a WordCamp and has time to meet with their assigned mentee every 2 weeks, they talk over where they should be in their timeline, help them to identify their issues, and also identify solutions for their issues. – hopefully start sending out the speaker mentor resources to meetups who have already run the workshop and have sent in their questionnaire
@volkswagenchick: Arranged with Drupal Diversity and Inclusion to run our workshop at several regional Drupal camps coming up. @jillbinder said she’d send AmyJune the newest material for that.
@miriamgoldman is planning on holding a Train the Deputies session, and a Train the Trainers session. She is also planning on refining the details of her role, once Jill has a chance to review the notes.
3. Marketing Messages
@aurooba explained our first marketing steps for reaching out to organizers. She’s asking for help with:
- Do we know a11y Accessibility (commonly shortened to a11y) refers to the design of products, devices, services, or environments for people with disabilities. The concept of accessible design ensures both “direct access” (i.e. unassisted) and “indirect access” meaning compatibility with a person’s assistive technology (for example, computer screen readers). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility), lgbtq+, and older/younger folk who can help us with good wording? (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JDgHDNkz5r_KwDot7_X3Cuc5btCVqBJ8b5993Cuvouc/edit)
- Do any of us have any direct connects with the a11y team that we can reach out to?
- Can our team look over what we have in this document and give feedback?
@wpfangirl offered to connect a retired man from her community who is starting up a meetup in Palo Alto. He also has connections with Kids Camps.
@cguntur will look over the document and give feedback
Can anyone else help as well?
4. New workshop and new Train the trainers progress update
Long workshop is complete and I need to add the non-content content to it (event description, assets, things to keep in mind, etc.).
I’m running a Train The Trainers for Drupal this weekend and will be doing a test of a new way to do the Training with them. That will feed into our WordPress version. I’m doing due diligence before creating a new training recording for us. I’m also thinking through the follow-up items.
Our demo videos are nearly done. They are back from an editor and I hope to review them asap.
5. Open Discussion
@jillbinder: We did our WCUS WordCamp US. The US flagship WordCamp event. workshop on “Creating A Welcoming And Diverse Space” and it went excellently! We are talking about continuing to deliver it, continuing to improve it, etc. and where else we can be running it.
@bhargavmehta asked about the demo videos we recorded. Jill says they will be available soon. She just got them back from the editor and hopes to review them soon. Note on this added to section above.
@bhargavmehta is planning an interactive version of the “Become a Better Speaker” part of our workshop this weekend, and hopes to get it videorecorded.
- @jillbinder finish Speaker Resources document to give to @cguntur
- @cguntur follow up with Jill about how Meetup Care is going
- @cguntur is adding the new workshop plans to run in to tracker (Calgary. Bhargav’s in India, if not already there?, Rahul’s in January)
- @cguntur and @jillbinder are sending @aurooba their Speaker Resources docs
- @jillbinder review @miriamgoldman‘s notes on her role
- All: comment on this post with your Reports and what you’re planning on doing this coming month, by second Wednesday of December
- @jillbinder send @volkswagenchick the newest Drupal script after this weekend
- @wpfangirl will connect @aurooba and her contact from Palo Alto
- @cguntur will look over the Marketing doc and give feedback
- All: Do we know a11y, lgbtq+, and older/younger folk who can help us with good wording? (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JDgHDNkz5r_KwDot7_X3Cuc5btCVqBJ8b5993Cuvouc/edit)
- All: Do any of us have any direct connects with the a11y team that we can reach out to?
- All: Can our team look over what we have in this document and give feedback?