WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Europe 2019 in Berlin was great, thanks to all the people that joined us from all over the world to make WordPress!
Here is what the team worked on:
- Reviewing Meetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. Handbook – Project started, we have a document for it https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BOlBVqXOjtAqtpQmS_h6Khol5YOAVrDvajm43h3FRMU/edit
- Looking for links of posts published in the make.wordpress.org/community blog that should be added to the Meetup or WordCamp organizer handbooks. @_dorsvenabili lead this initiative. Links are added here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WDOqvOpsV6EgBbGqibxj9-p82QEsNhTDMQz2qhkaf_o/edit
- In person meetup orientations done by @angelasjin
- Improving the deputy Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook. training questions. @sippis is working on this, with @hlashbrooke and other people
- How WC organizers and Meetup organizers can do streaming easily: Initiative lead by Abha, from the Marketing team. There is a working document for the handbook https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P5C1meCRzB-uddjkAKn3y0_TI8MGKp0JvCCFSpTbajA/edit
- How to revamp the Meetup and WordCamp application form. Sam Suresh is checking with Meta team and working on it. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AXSSZrP78bSjFClfoBj4NWWAqKlXFQSBsEfwAY9QKAE/edit?usp=sharing
- Need documentation. Long list of desiderata here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z3UJRaUP6ej45nOijw8U7GcxB7EfHJO9Sa8mGVMVTwQ/edit#gid=0
- Vetting: thanks Sam for working on vetting of 5 new Meetups Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook.!
Moving Forward with Our Efforts
Contributor Days are productive because of the face to face interaction and the urgency: we want to get things done during the day 😉
How do we keep the momentum going? Folks, I am repeating myself here… but project management is the answer!
We have a Trello board and we don’t really use it. I suggest we discuss it, again, during our next team chat, July 4th.
Hopefully we can find a common procedure that I believe will make us more efficient.
Did I miss something? Add it in the comments, thanks!