In a previous post we collected ideas for projects we could tackle together during Contributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. at WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Europe 2019. Thanks to all the comments we now have a number of tasks.
Here is the list of the tasks: for each one I tried to add the relevant links so we don’t have to waste time looking for them on the day. If there is already someone attached to the task I added their names as well.
Ideas for experienced contributors
- Closing and resolving old threads, or activate the conversation again (maybe in new P2 P2 or O2 is the term people use to refer to the Make WordPress blog. It can be found at https://make.wordpress.org/. post) if the issue/topic still needs more conversation or work before resolving it: Open threads -sheet
- @psykro is going to work on a proposal to reach community organisers in a more effective way.
- Check the automated replies in HelpScout and translate them into different languages (cross team effort with Polyglots). Add them to the Deputies Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook. handbook.
- Trello board: kill it or use it for real 🙂
- Work on documentation from our “needs documentation” list
- Improve Global Community Sponsorship documentation
- Application vetting sprint. See:
Ideas for less experienced contributors
- @hlashbrooke is available to run a real-time orientation for any new organisers who will be coming on board at the time. Same with WordCamp orientations if there are any folks due for them at that time.
- @_dorsvenabili proposed to merge marketing team-contributed documentation or blog posts into our handbooks.
- Review existing documentation: are the flows and procedures clear?
- Gather all missing Meetup organizer wordpress.org usernames to Meetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. tracker
See you in Berlin!