Hello WordPress Meetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. organizers!
Welcome to another meetup organizer newsletter full of news, information and inspiration for your local meetup.
- Global WordPress Translation Day 4
- WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. London Livestream
- Diversity Outreach Speaker Training Workshops
Global WordPress Translation Day – 4th Edition
The 4th edition of Global WordPress Translation Day (GWTD4) will take place on Saturday, 11 May 2019
This 24-hour global event will be dedicated to the translation of all things WordPress, from core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. to themes, and from plugins to marketing.
The event will be a celebration of the Make WordPress Polyglots Team Polyglots Team is a group of multilingual translators who work on translating plugins, themes, documentation, and front-facing marketing copy. https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/teams/., shining a spotlight on the thousands of volunteers worldwide who give their time and skills to make this online platform available to even more people.
During the last Global WordPress Translation Day, 71 local events took place worldwide, involving 29 countries.
We have published a template that can be used for your GWTD4 event.
More information including minutes from the planning meetings will be published on Make WordPress Polyglots P2 under #GWTD4 tag in the coming weeks.
If you are interested in helping with this event or following the discussion, you can also follow WordPress Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/. #polygots-events channel.
Learn more here!
WordCamp London Livestream
Many WordCamps stream their content live all over the world, making it a great opportunity to get your local community together to watch it.
If you can’t travel to a WordCamp, then the live stream is a great way to share in the content of the event along with other local WordPress enthusiasts.
WordCamp London are working on a livestream with an aim to support WordPress Meetup members. The livestream will be of the event on 6 – 7 April 2019.
More details will be https://2019.london.wordcamp.org/ and on their social channels.
Diversity Outreach Speaker Training Workshops
Have you ever had trouble getting women and people from other groups underrepresented in tech to speak at your meetups Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. and WordCamps? Check out the Diversity Outreach Speaker Training workshop: https://make.wordpress.org/training/speaker-training
Write to us to sign up for this or find out about future training sessions here: http://tiny.cc/wpwomenspeak
To sign up and get more details, either fill out our form and comment with which date you’d would like to attend a training email the working group at firstname.lastname@example.org
- At the end of last month WordPress 5.1 was released and a security maintenance release in WordPress 5.1.1 was also released last week.
- On the community team we have Office Hours Defined times when the Global Community Team are in the #community-events Slack channel. If there is anything you would like to discuss – you do not need to inform them in advance.You are very welcome to drop into any of the Community Team Slack channels at any time. four times a week in the #community-events channel on Slack: Mondays & Wednesdays 22:00 UTC, Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00 UTC. If you need questions answered by a community deputy Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook., that’s a great time to reach out!
- There is a proposal to improve this newsletter with additional organizer tips and training. You can leave your feedback on this post.
That’s it for now — chat to you next time!
Your friends on the Community Team