Our bi-monthly Community Team chat is happening this Thursday, 2 August 2018. Meeting times are Thursday, 2 August 2018 at 11:00 UTC and Thursday, 2 August 2018 at 20:00 UTC in #community-team on Slack – we use the same agenda for both meetings in order to include all time zones.
- Deputy Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook. check-in:
What have you been doing and how is it going?
- An update on EU camera kit management:
We have a new manager for the EU camera kits from within the Community Team (we’ll leave it as a surprise for you to find out who it is during the meeting!)
- Deputies Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook. user group in Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.:
We now have a
@deputies user group in Slack that we can use to ping The act of sending a very small amount of data to an end point. Ping is used in computer science to illicit a response from a target server to test it’s connection. Ping is also a term used by Slack users to @ someone or send them a direct message (DM). Users might say something along the lines of “Ping me when the meeting starts.” all of our active deputies.
- New Contributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. Fields for WordCamps:
WordCamps can now add info about their Contributor Days to their listing – this is great for tracking and adding public info for which WordCamps are hosting Contributor Days.
- P2 P2 or O2 is the term people use to refer to the Make WordPress blog. It can be found at https://make.wordpress.org/. posts needing review/feedback:
Please add any additional items to this agenda by commenting on this post as needed.