Since WordBench.org announced its close last week, we might get a tons of Japanese meetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. application for coming weeks. To make the process smoothly (currently WordBench has more than 50 groups!), manage conflict between WordBench and meetup.com and localize whole process, three Japanese deputies Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook. (@nao @nukaga @mayukojpn) suggest guidelines and set tasks as below:
Guideline for conflict part
- Use prefecture unit: Currently we are asking new chapter organizers to share one account if other group is nearby. With our local sense, at least prefecture unit should be approved as one account. We will discuss when we get request more than that condition.
Tasks for Japanese Deputy Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook.
- Open several office hours Defined times when the Global Community Team are in the #community-events Slack channel. If there is anything you would like to discuss – you do not need to inform them in advance.You are very welcome to drop into any of the Community Team Slack channels at any time. Thursday, 21 June 2018 at 5:00 UTC and Thursday, 28 June 2018 at 13:00 UTC by Zoom (Announcement)
- Coordinate group orientation schedule instead of individually
- Localize Meetup Interest Form:
Based on several opinions at WCEU WordCamp Europe. The European flagship WordCamp event., we already created local version form and set email@example.com as receiver.Since Rosetta doesn’t support flexible form, we use Google Forms with Email forward add-on.
- Translate HelpScout saved replies to Japanese
- Orientation training: @nao @nukaga (@_dorsvenabili will handle)
- Report status in Japanese as well at an open place (local P2)
A lot of volunteer translators are working hard to localize materials:
Request for other deputy
If you find an application in Japanese language, please tag `Japanese` and leave it with no assignee. Thanks!