My team asked me for a summary of what has been done so far so that it’s easier for them to onboard and start helping.
I put it in today’s meeting, and I’d like to have a separate post for it so that I have something to point to for the new folks joining us.
*waves hello to future new folks*
Speaker Training [and Diversity Outreach] workshops were created in the past. They have been extremely successful and this team was formed to promote the work and train folks globally to run it. (They are here: http://diversespeakers.info/)
THUS FAR/TO DATE WE HAVE:
- Gotten volunteers for this team
- Created a core Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. message that we can send out about our workshop and what our team offers
- Created a form that interested Meetups Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. can fill out
- Started promoting our message and form (http://tiny.cc/wpwomenspeak)
- Started training the Meetups who request it on how to run our workshops
- Recorded a “train the trainers” video so that it is easy to keep running
CURRENTLY WE ARE FOCUSED ON:
- Improving the “train the trainers” workshop
- Continuing to run “train the trainers” training for Meetups
- Encouraging more people on our team run the workshop, in person or online
- Encouraging more people on our team to train others to run the workshop
- The cycle of promotions and training becomes a self-perpetuating system that continuously expands to reach more and more Meetups.
- Our team decides how the material changes over time. When people make suggestions, because we’ve run it, we know what would work and what would not.
Thanks and welcome to the group. We look forward to working with you!