As it was announced last February, the WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. Incubator Program is back in 2018 and we want to thank everyone who has showed interest in participating as a WC Incubator co-lead and/or for hosting the event in their city, we’re very happy to say that we’ve received a lot of applications 🙂
This is going to be the roadmap of the WC Incubator program 2018-2019.
- Before Friday, April 27, 2018:
– Publish the roadmap on this blog
– Send an answer to the WC Incubator co-lead applicants
– Set up a call with the co-leads for training them on how to deal with a WC Incubator team
- Friday, May 4, 2018:
– Recruit Incubator co-leads to help review the city applications
– Finish the first review of all city applications and identify the clear “noes”
- Friday, May 11, 2018:
– Send an email to the rejected city applications
– Publish the best 10 city candidates on this blog and announce that we’ve got in contact with them already to request more info with May 18th as the deadline to get an answer. Do interviews to the applications that proceeds in the next couple of weeks with the help of the co-leads.
- Friday, May 25, 2018
– Finish reviewing the last 10 candidates and rate them with the help of the WC Incubator co-leads
– Plan with the co-leads who can participate in the interviews, etc.
- Friday, June 1, 2018
– Publish the list of final cities and co-leads assigned to each of them
- Monthly from July until the end of the WC Incubator
– Do a monthly check-in with the mentors Event Supporter (formerly Mentor) is someone who has already organised a WordCamp and has time to meet with their assigned mentee every 2 weeks, they talk over where they should be in their timeline, help them to identify their issues, and also identify solutions for their issues. about how’s everything going, getting WC dates, if we’ve got the Meetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. applications of those cities received, number of organizers, etc. ask them to add a comment about how their Incubator is going in a monthly p2 post on this site
- Friday, February 1, 2019
– Write down a WC Incubator recap p2 post on this blog with the status of the program, and a request to the respective co-leads of posting a comment with a summary of their Incubators.