This is the recap for the Community Team chat for the EU/Asia-Pacific timezones at 8:00 UTC. There will be a second meeting with the same agenda at 20:00 UTC as well. Here is the agenda and here are the Slack logs.
Deputy Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook. check-in
- @divyadeepsawhney and @imnok have signed them deputy agreement, but not heard back yet. @_dorsvenabili will respond to that today about next steps.
- @kenshino will pick up another WordCamp WordCamps are casual, locally-organized conferences covering everything related to WordPress. They're one of the places where the WordPress community comes together to teach one another what they’ve learned throughout the year and share the joy. Learn more. to mentor Event Supporter (formerly Mentor) is someone who has already organised a WordCamp and has time to meet with their assigned mentee every 2 weeks, they talk over where they should be in their timeline, help them to identify their issues, and also identify solutions for their issues. soon.
- @emanuel_blagonic is ready to mentor another WordCamp (or more than one!).
- @mayukojpn is working hard at managing WordCamp mentors Event Supporter (formerly Mentor) is someone who has already organised a WordCamp and has time to meet with their assigned mentee every 2 weeks, they talk over where they should be in their timeline, help them to identify their issues, and also identify solutions for their issues. in the Asia-Pacific timezones.
- @drebbitsweb has been involved in a lot more meetup Meetup groups are locally-organized groups that get together for face-to-face events on a regular basis (commonly once a month). Learn more about Meetups in our Meetup Organizer Handbook. orientations and will be taking them by himself soon.
- I will be finishing the deputy training for @adityakane and @carl-alberto tomorrow, so they can get started in Help Scout from next week.
Keeping up with the Community P2 P2 or O2 is the term people use to refer to the Make WordPress blog. It can be found at https://make.wordpress.org/.
It has been mentioned recently that some deputies Community Program Supporters (formerly Deputies) are a team of people worldwide who review WordCamp and Meetup applications, interview lead organizers, and keep things moving at WordCamp Central. Find more about program supporters in our Program Supporter Handbook. are not (or are struggling to) keep up with this P2. It is very important for deputies to keep up to date with things on here, so we discussed how we can help with this. An idea that was suggested and can be easily implemented is a consistent tag be used for important posts that must be highlighted for deputies – we can then have a feed of that tag’s posts in a sidebar A sidebar in WordPress is referred to a widget-ready area used by WordPress themes to display information that is not a part of the main content. It is not always a vertical column on the side. It can be a horizontal rectangle below or above the content area, footer, header, or any where in the theme. widget A WordPress Widget is a small block that performs a specific function. You can add these widgets in sidebars also known as widget-ready areas on your web page. WordPress widgets were originally created to provide a simple and easy-to-use way of giving design and structure control of the WordPress theme to the user., so it will bu automatically updated.
Help Scout access
The issue of security with regards to so many people having access to Help Scout was brought up. This is something that requires further discussion and a decision must be made about who we give access to going forward.
Community Summit and WCEU WordCamp Europe. The European flagship WordCamp event. Contributor Day Contributor Days are standalone days, frequently held before or after WordCamps but they can also happen at any time. They are events where people get together to work on various areas of https://make.wordpress.org/ There are many teams that people can participate in, each with a different focus. https://2017.us.wordcamp.org/contributor-day/ https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/getting-started/getting-started-at-a-contributor-day/. prep
- @_dorsvenabili will publish a post about the Community topics for the Community Summit and we can discuss those on there.
- Once myself, @andreamiddleton and @kcristiano (the Community Team leads for the WCEU Contributor Day) have discussed things a bit further, we will post about the plans and open that up for discussion as well.
We highlighted a few P2 posts for deputies to take note of and encouraged discussion to take place in the post comments instead of in Slack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/..
These meetings are held in the first and third Thursday of each month according to the schedule in the sidebar here. Meetings are held at 8:00 and 20:00 UTC in #community-team in Slack.